Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

Guards don't usually get taken in the 1st round to begin with, almost as rare as centers and kickers (with the exception of Janikowski). So he should be there for our first. He has a knee injury and I am hoping that the knee injury will scare some teams off.

More realistically it would be Blalock in the 1st and Kenny Irons in the 2nd

:insane:
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG J View Post
    I WOULD GET SOMEONE TO REPLACE BART SCOTT CAUSE HE TALKED ALOT SHIT AND DID NOTHING AGIANST MY BELOVED COLTS "HOT SAUCE"
    :insane:

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I am liking this QB prospect to groom behind McNair:

Drew Stanton

Strengths:
    Has good size and a solid frame...Arm strength is excellent...Is a terrific all-around athlete who can move in the pocket, throw on the run and hurt defenses with his feet...Displays good accuracy, touch and timing...Is smart and a good leader with top intangibles...A gunslinger who is very competitive and tough...Can take over and dominate a game when he is on...Still has quite a bit of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
    Is wildly inconsistent...Doesn't handle pressure well...Has a lot of mental lapses and will take too many chances...Has battled injuries throughout his career and durability is a big question...Will need to adjust to a pro-style offense...Throwing mechanics and footwork will need work...Too eager to run...Opens himself up to big hits...Stares down his target...Has a long memory & bad plays stay with him.

Notes:
    Has all the physical tools you look for but doesn't always play up to them...Tore his ACL while covering a punt in 2003...Looked like a potential high first round pick prior to his senior year but, like his Spartan team, he really struggled at times in 2006...Classic boom or bust type who looks like an elite prospect one game and an undrafted free agent the next...Could be a great starter in the NFL but for that to happen he'll have to develop some consistency and cut down on the mistakes
    Boller Jr.?

If we're going to pick a mid-round guy, I want Leak. He played in an offense that totally didn't fit him (he's a pocket, can move well if he has to-type guy). He's got the arm, played very well against OSU and even helped create the gameplan. He's the 4-6th rounder I'd like

Also....trend chart is updated:
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ead.php?t=4083

midget

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    O i realize that and im praying we get him, someone stated that maybe a low wonderlik score could drop him and ummmmm I was hoping ummmmm he would umm drop to us so we could umm draft him
    This IS our guy! He already shines like silver! (Did you know that, seen from above, a raven looks silver ?)
    Last edited by Rochardrik; 01-29-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Cal (Go Bears!) is the best public school in the nation and Lynch caries a 3.4 GPA. He may not be a Mensa member, but he is no dummy.
    You are exactly right!! He is also a GREAT team, and locker room guy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    If we're going to pick a mid-round guy, I want Leak. He played in an offense that totally didn't fit him (he's a pocket, can move well if he has to-type guy). He's got the arm, played very well against OSU and even helped create the gameplan. He's the 4-6th rounder I'd like

Also....trend chart is updated:
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ead.php?t=4083

A 5'11 QB? Heck No!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

the official line on him was 5'11" 7/8. I'm not one to totally flip out on a guy because of that.

Bress is 6'0" - flat.

But yeah, not the tallest guy. Then again, who else are we talking at QB... and don't tell me Jordan Palmer

JOrdan Palmer

If you hit Leak he folds.

-He has a decent arm.
    -He's fairly mobile.
    -He's intelligent.
    -He can be taken out of his game after one hit.

That's the reason the Florida fans didn't like him.

He'll be a good back-up for a number of years, but if a team puts their faith in him over a 16 game season they'll lose more often than they win.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

that makes sense and was the knock I'd heard on him too.

Really seems like there are really only two QBs that seem to be of proper caliber.

Then again, might Carr leave Houston and then he might be worth giving a chance..

But I really like Corner, LB, small DE-hybrid for our 1st rounder ~ gotta work more on names, but it looks like there will be more than 1-2 options around at that time that make sense,