Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
The more video I see, the more I think Kenny Irons is a better choice for us compared to Bush. Hits the hole fast, breaks tackles....can he catch is going to be the big concern. If he can't, then all of that doesn't matter...not looking really great though.

PROS
Irons has good speed, and runs very hard. Has great vision and hits the whole hard. For a smaller sized running back he fights very hard and does not give up after the first hit.

CONS
Had a down senior year. A little small for a running back and needs to put on some more weight. Needs to work on catching out of the backfield.

Strengths:
Displays good vision and instincts and is a natural runner...Is more quick than fast...Patient but he will explode through the hole when it opens...Will run with authority and plays like a much bigger back...Good athleticism and the agility to change directions...Is dangerous in space and will run away from people...Gets the most out of every run...Doesn't have a lot of mileage on his tires...You simply can't ignore the history his school has of sending guys at his position to the pros.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is only average...He does not have the type of size, strength or bulk you'd prefer...Appears to have okay hands but his experience as a receiver in the passing game is limited...Does his best as a blocker but is only adequate and will get overwhelmed...Ball security is an issue...Was hurt a lot in '06 and durability is a concern...Has to keep his pad level down...Does not break a ton of tackles and won't run people over...Did not have the senior campaign most were expecting.
All these great comments are true, but I would bet that Irons is not on Ozzie's draft board. He will find something wrong with him. Do a little research - in Ozzie's entire career he has NEVER drafted a player from Auburn. No matter how great the talent (ahem - we took Pittman over Marcus McNeil remember) They will find something wrong with him and find a reason for the Alabama guy not to find anything good coming out of Auburn