Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

We need a RB in a BIG WAY. If we don't take one w/ our first pick we should trade that pick to San Diego for Michael Turner. I have no issues w/ trading a late first round pick for a guy that could come in and have an impact from game 1.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    We need a RB in a BIG WAY. If we don't take one w/ our first pick we should trade that pick to San Diego for Michael Turner. I have no issues w/ trading a late first round pick for a guy that could come in and have an impact from game 1.

FM
    You need to get over this obsession now, because there is no way in hell that Turner is going to be a Raven.

He is a great back, but Oz will not trade away a #1 and even if he did Turner is a cap killer.

You should start looking elsewhere for your RB solution.

If the Chargers put the top tender on Turner (I fully expect them to) then it won't just be a 1st for Turner, it'll be a 1st and a 3rd. We won't get anything in return. The Chargers are in a sellers market, teams need RBs and they're in a position where they have a surplus. However they don't HAVE to get rid of Turner and in fact would be well served not to in terms of maintaining depth at RB. They are in a position where they won't offload him unless they get absolutely blown away by an offer or someone decides to tender him a ridiculous contract offer and give up the draft picks in compensation.

Angry Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

I can see it now...OZ takes the best player available in the first round (not a RB) and we end up taking a flyer on some RB in the 3rd or 4th round.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    If the Chargers put the top tender on Turner (I fully expect them to) then it won't just be a 1st for Turner, it'll be a 1st and a 3rd. We won't get anything in return. The Chargers are in a sellers market, teams need RBs and they're in a position where they have a surplus. However they don't HAVE to get rid of Turner and in fact would be well served not to in terms of maintaining depth at RB. They are in a position where they won't offload him unless they get absolutely blown away by an offer or someone decides to tender him a ridiculous contract offer and give up the draft picks in compensation.
    I am betting that the Giants put that ginormous offer out there. They have a history of making bad deals with SD.

Ravens seen talking to RB Kolby Smith and WR David Clowney today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I can see it now...OZ takes the best player available in the first round (not a RB) and we end up taking a flyer on some RB in the 3rd or 4th round.
    !? It's not like the front office has a history of screwing up the draft, exactly. Have a little faith!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    I am betting that the Giants put that ginormous offer out there. They have a history of making bad deals with SD.
    So does Atlanta id you ask most people. LT + Brees is a little bit better then Michael Vick. From now on if SD has the first pick, I wouldn't trade the tenth pick player for it, that QB will be a let down. Michael Bush with pick 29.

At the senior bowl workouts, the Ravens interviewed:

Le’Ron McClain, Rufus Alexander

per scout.com
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Alright Rufus!

Let's just avoid taking Kenneth Darby until the second day.

Not really sure if Oz can hold of on that one though.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I actually think picking Darby on the second day would be an absolutely fantastic addition.

Before the season Darby was considered a first-second rounder.

His production dropped, but he's always been a very good back in the best division in NCAA football. He does everything well IMO.

He has the potential to be a starter in the NFL and could end up as the Ravens franchise guy if we take him.