Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One and done

Re: One and done

15 points we allowed to the Colts and yet we can't beat them.
    Agreed. Why couldn't we score a TD , in our own F'in house?

People were shell shocked walking out of that staduim Saturday night. It was like night of the living dead.

Boller needs to claim his spot next season and be the 1st round pick the ravens wanted. After Saturday we need to look at all options. I still think our window is still open but its going to shut down real quick if we cant figure out how to win a playoff game. This season Mcnair became the starter because of his past. Now McNair needs to earn his spot and if boller beats him out so be it. At least there will be pressure for him to do better.

There should be some competion between Mcnair and Boller during the preseason. If there isn't then Billick is back to his old ways in catering to the certain players instead of the team.

T is right we spent way too much money on this guy and all he did was deliver a playoff loss.

Sorry for believing the hype.
    --CR

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Agreed. Why couldn't we score a TD , in our own F'in house?

People were shell shocked walking out of that staduim Saturday night. It was like night of the living dead.

Boller needs to claim his spot next season and be the 1st round pick the ravens wanted. After Saturday we need to look at all options. I still think our window is still open but its going to shut down real quick if we cant figure out how to win a playoff game. This season Mcnair became the starter because of his past. Now McNair needs to earn his spot and if boller beats him out so be it. At least there will be pressure for him to do better.

There should be some competion between Mcnair and Boller during the preseason. If there isn't then Billick is back to his old ways in catering to the certain players instead of the team.

T is right we spent way too much money on this guy and all he did was deliver a playoff loss.

--CR
    I couldn't agree more. Let them fight it out. BB HAS to put the team first and egos last..
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I don't see McNair as the primary culprit for the loss. He threw two picks and had a 46 rating which was terrible, but so did Manning the supposed best QB in the league, and his rating was in the 30's! What lost that game was a combination of things but mainly the turnover battle. McNair was at fault for two of them but Heap and Clayton also cost this team this game by fumbling and give Indy three and taking at least three points away from us. That and a lucky bounce on a FG.
    Are you joking or is this another game you didn't watch? :grbac: This loss is 100% at McNair's feet. He was as bad as Kyle has been in some of his worse games. Open your eyes and look at the stat line.

All McNair had to do was SOMETHING to win that game. The defense gave him the opportunity to win over and over and he couldn't do more than produce 2 FGs? One over 50yds!!!

Face it, your hero choked in the big game of the year. All of the deficiencies in his game that were pointed out to you for the last 16 weeks were borne out. Now you're trying to save face by blaming others for the loss? That's just weak. Not unexpected from you, but weak none the less.

How many picks did Manning throw and what was his rating? He was very lucky none of his receivers turned the ball over like McNair's did. He also got a very lucky FG that could just as easily bounced backwards. Tom Brady also threw a lot of picks. It happens in the playoffs. So far Manning has 5 picks to ONE TD pass in two playoff games this season and he is thought by some to be the best NFL qB (at least statistically) ever to play. McNair made a bad decision with that goaline throw and also threw one other pick. If you watched Tom Brady play against the Colts in NE earlier this year I believe he had three or four picks. YOu act like the Colt secondary is weak and they are in the top two in the league! Instead of bashing a QB who helped us garner a 13-3 record how about giving the Colts some credit instead?
    Hmmm, I thought winning QBs won games? Manning generated enough offense, even with turnovers, to win the game for his team. On the road. If McNair can't muster more than 6 points at home for a playoff game he deserves the blame.

I'm sure if Kyle had played the exact same game as McNair did you'd be imploring everyone to give some credit to the Colt defense. Right?

Damn, FH. Why did you have to quote him?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    --CR
    Now wait a sec Crazy. You weren't believing the hype. Other than maybe a couple of people here and scattered around, the fight has never been about McNair. It's always been about Boller.

McNair had 11 years of experience, an co-MVP, and was in a Super Bowl. Despite whether people think it was right or wrong to bench Boller, or whatever the circumstances are, it's hard to argue what the guy had on his resume coming in.

As for the game, enough other people made their share of mistakes that blame can go around. I liken this to the 2005 Cleveland game. I didn't blame Boller entirely for that loss and you can't blame McNair entirely for this one. Yes, McNair's 2 picks were shitty, and the one at the goalline was absolutely inexcusable for an 11 year vet. BUT, Heap fumbled a ball that led to points. Mark Clayton fumbled after a catch that should have netted us 40 yards and a possible score, but instead only got us 5 because luckily there was a penalty. Hell, even Ogden got called for a hold when we didn't need it. It's a pretty good offensive-team loss.

Bottom line is that nothing will change next year. McNair will be back, Boller will be back. McNair will be the starter, Boller will backup. That's not going to change until the following year, and who knows what's going to happen.

Anyway, you didn't fall for any hype Crazy. You bought into McNair's resume. I would think not many people will blame you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Hmmm, I thought winning QBs won games? Manning generated enough offense, even with turnovers, to win the game for his team. On the road. If McNair can't muster more than 6 points at home for a playoff game he deserves the blame.

I'm sure if Kyle had played the exact same game as McNair did you'd be imploring everyone to give some credit to the Colt defense. Right?
    FHRaven, I have some advice for you:

EDIT: It was just a pic of me ignoring Tex Ritter, but it was too big to be hosted, damn...
    Last edited by copenhaggard; 01-15-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Hey Tex...do you think the Colts D would have made Boller look as bad as McNair?

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Hey Tex...do you think the Colts D would have made Boller look as bad as McNair?

GO RAVENS!!!
    Oh skay. You're still kind of new here. :) You gotta stop setting them up like that. I have him on ignore and I already know what his answer is going to be.

I'm sure the words "Blunder", "tripping", "stumbling", and "anyone who thinks blah blah blah is stupid or needs their head examined".

Oh yeah, and :grbac:

Just remember that you asked for it.

Other than maybe a couple of people here and scattered around, the fight has never been about McNair. It's always been about Boller
    My support for Mcnair has deminished after Saturdays game. McNair walked in here with a nice resume and was given the job. I have no problem with that decision but going forward things should be different. If Boller has learned something from Mcnair, with his athletic ability, we should see some serious results from him. Every Boller supporter has suggested that he needed at least a year under a Vet, and I agree, who else would be better than steve, to help Boller become a better qb.

Now as far as it always being about boller, why would it be? Mcnair was brought in to help guide us to the playoffs, He did that but we expected more and didnt get a win. And that's why I say Boller's chance has to come next season, especially since he is in his final year of his contract. At least get him some playing time with the First string in Training camp the same way Romo did with the Cowboys. We need to know if he has improved and if he has, we may need to keep him around and sign him to a new contract.

This is loss is a tough pill to swallow.I dont think I will ever get over this one.

If Tom Brady loses to the Colts and gets picked several times next week will some of you be calling him a lousy QB? If so, you need to get your heads examined. The Colt defense has made virtually every QB look bad this season. When they lost it was to teams who ran the ball down their throat not passed against them. Some of you need to open your eyes to the reality that it is the Colts defense giving top QB's problems, not top QB's playing like crap! :(
    Yes, in the last few weeks the great Colts Defense somehow held McChoke to a worse performance than the great David Carr and Cleo Lemon. CLEO LEMON!!! Vince Young managed to put up 2 TDs against them. In fact, a quick scan of the Colt's season seems to show that almost EVERY QB played better against them than McChoke did. Don't you get tired of me always proving you wrong?

Answer my other question, if Boller had put up the same game as McChoke would you begging everyone to consider how good the Colt's Defense was?

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    FHRaven, I have some advice for you:

EDIT: It was just a pic of me ignoring Tex Ritter, but it was too big to be hosted, damn...
    Thanks, but I like slapping him around every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Oh skay. You're still kind of new here. :) You gotta stop setting them up like that. I have him on ignore and I already know what his answer is going to be.

I'm sure the words "Blunder", "tripping", "stumbling", and "anyone who thinks blah blah blah is stupid or needs their head examined".

Oh yeah, and :grbac:

Just remember that you asked for it.
    Gimme a LITTLE bit of credit, Stinger.

:D

I've been riding Tex/Old19/Spike Marlin up and down the Internet over his "I hate Boller" obsession. I was just checkin to see if he'd learned a little restraint -- to the extent that he'd ignore ME and MY COMMENT. LOL

GO RAVENS!!!
    Last edited by skaybaltimore; 01-16-2007 at 02:14 PM.