Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One and done

Re: One and done

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    Consistently makes boneheaded calls?
    Getting nailed with a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty; NOT going for a simple, straight forward field goal against Cinci at home; wasting time in SEVERAL games right before the end of the half; general ineptitude running a 2 minute drill; total lack of prep for the Cinci game at Cinci; mismanagement of Mike Anderson; inability to respond in REAL TIME during games; and, of course, our gorgeous display of offensive genius: the Divisional game against Indy

What do you attribute to being 13-3?
    Rex Ryan and our entire #1 D, along with Steve McNair & Co.

I think the key word here is "consistently". Billick is not "consistently" making bad calls. You don't take over OC duties midseason, take your team to 13-3, all while making "consistently bad calls" along the way. It doesn't work that way. He improved our pass offense to 11th in the league.

Rex Ryan is a huge part of making our defense the best, but is it a coincidence that we've had a great group of coaches and defensive minds under Billick? Billick is a great manager of people. He may make bad calls from time to time, but he generally does a good job at what he does.

I think the gameplan for the Colts game was awful, and I think BB's stubborness to adjust mid-game and bench players is a bit annoying to say the least. It seems that a lot of times he'll try to be either "too cute", or will be incredibly predictable. Although, despite his flaws, he's still a great coach. It seems that people like you will give him none of the credit and all of the blame.

My biggest problem with Billick is his clock management, but I can take the rest of his mistakes in stride.

He's a good coach, and I really don't know who would be a better alternative. We just need a better OC.

is it a coincidence that we've had a great group of coaches and defensive minds under Billick?
    No it is not, LBoogy with the excellent avatar, as I demonstrate in this thread.

In all seriousness we have always had, since Billick has been here, an excellent defense. Some would give all the credit to the string of defensive coordinators and their assistants who have paraded through here, but those people have had at best mixed success coaching defenses before and after their stints with the Ravens.

Either (a) Billick is secretly coaching the defense, which I doubt, or (b) he is bringing the very best out in his staff. I am inclined to believe (b), because we see the same pattern with players. Anyone remember Qadry Ismail? Marcus Robinson? Ed Hartwell? Duane Starks? There is a looong list of players who played at the highest levels of their careers here, before or after being unimpressive with other teams.

Leon Searcy excepted, of course. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

McNair lost a game for us that Boller couldn't get us to. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    McNair lost a game for us that Boller couldn't get us to. I can live with that.
    Nice losers attitude. Besides that fact that it's not true.

I thought the Raven's goal was to "go to and win Super Bowls"? I guess now it's, "ignore QB limitations in the regular season and choke in the playoffs".

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I thought I answered it, but if you are referring would I have thought the Colt defense would have to be given a lions share of the credit if Boller had played that game with the identical performance as McNair. Probably not, because Boller does not have the track record, playoff experience, or proven ability of Steve McNair. I don't think that is hard to figure out. It's not like it is any great mystery here. LOL!

Come back to me when you actually have a difficult question for once that is worth my time answering. That one was so easy it really didn't deserve an answer which is probably why I skipped it to begin with.
    Yeah, you never answered it. So basically you're a hypocrite, right? We all knew it but maybe you can see it now. If McChoke has a track record it's a track record of choking in big games. And if Boller was worse wouldn't he have put up even WORSE stats than McChoke did? Yeah, logic is a bitch isn't it Tex? But then again, logic isn't something you really employ.

After all, you're the same guy who tried to convince everyone that McChoke was playing with the exact same line Boller had last year.

Too easy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Nice losers attitude. Besides that fact that it's not true.

I thought the Raven's goal was to "go to and win Super Bowls"? I guess now it's, "ignore QB limitations in the regular season and choke in the playoffs".
    Boller may have snuck us in as a wildcard. Maybe. But if you're seriously going to argue with me that he'd have won us the division, let alone win 13 games, you should seriously consider stand-up comedy. Now we just need to work on your delivery and timing. Comedy is an art and apparently you've already got the natural skills, now you just need refinement.

Boller may have snuck us in as a wildcard. Maybe. But if you're seriously going to argue with me that he'd have won us the division
    So you don't think Boller could have beaten the Steelers twice with the defense giving up a grand total of 7 points?
    Or perhaps the first Bengals game where our offense actually managed to be out-scored by our defense?
    I'm pretty sure he could score more than 15 points against the Browns since, you know, he actually did it unlike McNoodle.

Not to mention that a WC team would have won this division seeing as how the closest team to us was 8-8.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock