Ogden: Retirement A Possibility

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...tory?track=rss

We will take a step back going from JO to Adam Terry, but anyone we would bring in would be a step back from the greatest LT to play the game.

I would draft a tackle to backup Adam Terry.

It sounds like JO is leaning more on the retirement side. I wish him well. He has served us well.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Ogden: Retirement A Possibility

can he take McNair with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    can he take McNair with him?
    As long as we are not left with Boller. If all we are left with is Boller and a PS QB, then I think McNair should stick around.

Boller = McNair
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Thumbs down Re: Ogden: Retirement A Possibility

Here's hoping that it's just a little postseason blues and frustration over losing the way we did. We really need to improve our offense to be a serious contender, and Terry would be a step backwards.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Funny how the Boller lovers don't get any heat from the mods when it's clear this thread has absolutely nothing to do with McNair.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds I guess.

But laughing at people who think McNair and Boller are equivilant is priceless.

How many road games has Boller won in his career? 5

How many road games did McNair win this year? 6.

PP

As someone already pointed out, anybody we bring in would be a step backwards from possibly the greatest offensive lineman to ever play in this league.

Terry has been very solid from what I've seen of him and he should be an above average LT.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    As someone already pointed out, anybody we bring in would be a step backwards from possibly the greatest offensive lineman to ever play in this league.

Terry has been very solid from what I've seen of him and he should be an above average LT.

Totally agree and we could use the draft to add depth to both LT and RT which is needed. Right now, we have no one behind Terry and Pashos assuming Pashos is re-signed.

Cap question concerning JO. If he announces his retirement next week, could we wait to enact it after June 1st where we'd get more cap space, or would it be effective immediately on the cap?

I think Ogden just wants some time to heal up and be away from football.

His play this season will bring him back IMO.

He was just too good and played at way too high a level to leave now.

At least I hope.

PP

Cap question concerning JO. If he announces his retirement next week, could we wait to enact it after June 1st where we'd get more cap space, or would it be effective immediately on the cap?
    I believe we can wait until after June 1st. Even if Jon told the Ravens on Tuesday that he is going to retire, it's not official until he fills out the paper work for the NFLPA.

I don't think he will cost us that much in dead cap space if he retires though. He signed a 5 year, $55 million contract three years ago and he's already been paid $20 million in bonuses. The rest of it may be salary.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I think JO will be back next year, for probably his final year in the NFL. But I think he just wants to step back, let his injuries heal and assess whether he thinks next year's team is likely to have a good chance of going to the post-season and further. He probably won't want to give up a chance of a second ring.

I would love to see one more year out of him. He played at a very high level all year. Clearly he has enough in the tank physically.

If not my hat is off to JO, the original Raven and the best LT in history.