Thread: Justin Green

Blog Entries

Justin Green

Baltimore Sun reports he has a sprained MCL, and may be going for an MRI to determine the severity.

I really hope he's not out for long. Although we're transitioning to an H-back offense, I still think we need a FB for a lot of run plays and he's WAY better than Mughelli.

The only negative at FedEx field was when a couple jerks in our section started cheering and yelling for him to stay down. I wanted to go over and knock some sense into them.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Justin Green

I agree, hope he isn't out for the season. Wilcox can be used there in the meantime.

Blog Entries

I looked up sprained MCL online...I think the most severe sprains take 5-7 weeks to heal. The question then is should we IR him and sign another FB, or just let him rest and take up a roster spot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

I guess we'll be seeing a lot of Mughelli in the early part of the season then. :(

That was a pretty low hit on him...not cool.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I hope he's ok. If it is a 5-7 week injury look for us to put Green on PUP and re-evaluate at week 8. That way he isn't taking up a roster spot and we can still IR him if he is inneffective in practice.

Blog Entries

negative...players can only be put on PUP at the beginning of training camp.

NFL rules allow teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform." Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.
    http://www.nfl.com/ce/multi/0,3783,5547626,00.html

So, he's either IR or inactive.