During the pre-election debates, news organizations came out with "snap polls" to gauge public opinion. While the right wing noise machine shrilled about McCain and Palin "Knocking it out of the park" each debate, the polls always showed just the opposite. The election results were the final verdict in where that reality rested.

What a great way to demonstrate how wrong these right wing pundits were and how out of touch with the american public they were and how insignificant their own opinions really were and are in the grand scope.

Tonight's speech by Obama has again gone under the same scrutiny. What else would you expect from Sean Calamity but his worn high pitched shrill about spending evils and how Obama's speech was pretty to watch but lacked substance. The same old empty suit rethoric that loses more and more staying power after each of Obama's speeches.

let's look at tonight's snap polls...now I fully expect the volcanic bluster to be about how polls are only popularity contests and have no validity, unless of course, the poll one posts supports his or her own narrow worldview.

CBS: Seventy-nine percent of speech watchers approve of President Obama’s plans for dealing with the economic crisis. Before the speech, 62 percent approved.

CNN: 82% of speech-watchers say they support Obama's economic plans as outlined in the speech, with only 17% against. - an astonishing 85% said the speech made them feel more optimistic about the direction the country is headed in.

More significant though could be Bobby Jindal's post speech reaction speech. The Republicans are struggling to find a voice. McCain was unable to be the one...Palin floundered on the national stage...Michael Steele has been mostly odd in his responses and really not shown himself capable of being the voice.

So next man up Bobby Jindal. Was his speech written prior to Obama's? Because of my time in NOLA, I have followed a bit of his career and respected much in his approach but I will say that his time as the leadoff hitter tonight left him looking at a third strike. My opinion but to bring up Katrina as a way to reflect upon potential Obama failings was just really out of touch. I don't see how he can exorcise himself from this awkward speech. No snap polls on this fumble but here are the comments from wingnut friendly Fox Noise:

BRIT HUME: It read better than it sounded… this was not Bobby Jindal’s greatest rhetorical moment.

NINA EASTON: The delivery was not terrific.

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Jindal didn’t have a chance.

JUAN WILLIAMS: Childish.

Not only did Obama continue to mature in his role as President but he just put America on his back and America likes the way that feels. But also the Republicans by continuing to fight this momentum and desperately hoping for Obama's failure and thus America's falilure, as seen through Jindal's comments, only continues to render the GOP more obsolete.

Just came across David Brooke's Comments on Jindal's odd comments:

DAVID BROOKS: Uh, not so well. You know, I think Bobby Jindal is a very promising politician, and I oppose the stimulus because I thought it was poorly drafted. But to come up at this moment in history with a stale "government is the problem," "we can't trust the federal government" - it's just a disaster for the Republican Party. The country is in a panic right now. They may not like the way the Democrats have passed the stimulus bill, but that idea that we're just gonna - that government is going to have no role, the federal government has no role in this, that - In a moment when only the federal government is actually big enough to do stuff, to just ignore all that and just say "government is the problem, corruption, earmarks, wasteful spending," it's just a form of nihilism. It's just not where the country is, it's not where the future of the country is. There's an intra-Republican debate. Some people say the Republican Party lost its way because they got too moderate. Some people say they got too weird or too conservative. He thinks they got too moderate, and so he's making that case. I think it's insane, and I just think it's a disaster for the party. I just think it's unfortunate right now.