The Right Wing Noise Machine

While Obama's approval ratings remain high the right wing noise machine is cranking up their innate anger:

Barack Obama is "arrogant," "dishonest," and "radical," Fox News' Sean Hannity announced,

Rush Limbaugh -- "I hope he fails"

Obama has "Marxist tendencies" and is "addicting this country to heroin -- the heroin that is government slavery" - Glenn Beck

"There are eerie, eerie similarities" between Obama and Nazis" Michael Savage's guest host, Chris Stigall

Limbaugh - "[w]e are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."

Michelle Malkin was seen smiling while getting her picture taken with an Obama hater who proudly brandished a swastika placard

Rupert Murdoch's far-right New York Post published a grotesque cartoon that seemed to associate Obama with a bullet-ridden monkey who'd been shot by two white cops on a city sidewalk.

It's astounding to watch the avalanche of hate ooze from conservative media quarters. And why? Because Obama passed an economic recovery bill. Good Lord, imagine if he had failed to win the popular vote and then led the country into a pre-emptive war based on faulty intelligence, a war that lost thousands of American lives, and tens of thousands of foreign lives, while milking the U.S. treasury out of a few trillion dollars in the process

I think we can all do better than this.

Re: The Right Wing Noise Machine

Where was this scathing "analysis" when W was getting called every name under the sun?

hy·poc·ri·sy (hĭ-pŏk'rĭ-sē) n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
    2. An act or instance of such falseness.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Where was this scathing "analysis" when W was getting called every name under the sun?

hy·poc·ri·sy (hĭ-pŏk'rĭ-sē) n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
    2. An act or instance of such falseness.
    Analysis of W was scathing after about two years not two hours. After our nations last disaster - 9-11 - the entire country rallied around him in support eventhough many were wondering how something so large in planning was missed.

It was after the misguided war in Iraq that people began to become "scathing". Followed by him sitting around and providing no creative solutions to the tanking economy except giving everyone a couple hundred bucks. I won't even get into the rest of the reasons he is seen as one of the five worst presidents in the u.s. history.

Here is were subtlety and nuance come into play and so see if you can play along. Obama has been in office for 30 days not 2 years when most people began to wonder about what he was doing.

What is hypocritical is that you know you want to start typing that "W"s legacy can only be truly known by those living 20 years from now but you have already ruled Obama a compete and utter failure in just 30 days. He hasn't even been given his first 100 days which is still more a tradition than a true measurement.

Oy.

Selective facts ought not surprise me from the left, but this one takes the cake. You dont ever use history in terms of an economic context so I guesss it's dumb for me to assume you'd use it now.

Just off the top of my head, Bush was accused of rigging his first election .... then stealing it .... then paying off the SPCT to rule in his favor .... then called a religious zealot because he said Jesus was one of his favorite philosophers .... lambasted for his decision to not fund fetal stem cell recearch .... called an extremest for eliminating many of Clinton's abortion directives .... Snubbed by numerous Democrats who declined to attend his 100 day luncheon ....

And that's without looking through my text's and all within his first 100 days in office.