Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Which CBs Should the Ravens add in FA/Draft?

With Nnmadi and Robinson out of the picture the Ravens need to make a move on BOTH Bodden and Foxworth plus draft one in the 2nd round or make a trade for one like we did last year with Fabian. This will boost our secondary and add depth in case of injury.

I like Michael Huff from Oakland as a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMad View Post
    Robinson was tagged today.
    that sucks... he is a good CB, he has battled some injuries the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMad View Post
    I like Foxworth, but there must be a reason he didn't work out in Denver and Atlanta. I'd love to see him get a chance here, but maybe it's just because he's a Terp...lol
    yeah, he played decent last year, but i was thinking about him as a nickle. but yes, the reason i like him is because he was a Terp!!

Blog Entries

Foxworth would be an excellent nickel for us. Much better than Walker or Ivy, whom I hope get their walking papers.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

4. Re: Which CBs Should the Ravens add in FA/Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan19 View Post
    CB's - Nnamdi, Bodden, Greer, Barrett, Bly, Lucas (if released), Foxworth, and Dunta Robinson if he is released as well. We need CB's who can actually play and not run their mouths and get flagrant penalties all while sucking on the field.

CB Depth Chart next year:
    Fabian, Bodden, Greer, Foxworth, Pittman, Walker

That would be excellent.

CB's in the draft - Obviously Malcom Jenkins and Vontae Davis, but I doubt we will be able to sniff at them. So, Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore, Sean Smith, and Coye Francies.
    PITTMAN??? Seriously? He was cut last year and spent time on both the Saints and the Texans rosters.

As of right now, the only locks are Washington & Walker. Ivy is a FA so I doubt he will be back, Rolle will most likely retire. I'd like the CB depth chart to be: Washington, Bodden, Walker, Martin, Draft Choice, Draft Choice and Oglesby. I think last season proved that carrying 7 CB's isnt unreasonable.

I still think Derrick Martin can be somebody in this league.

I'd really be happy with this depth chart after the offseason.

Ken Lucas-
    Fabian Washington-
    Alphonso Smith
    Jabari Greer
    Derrick Martin
    Frank Walker

I'd be stunned if we could get Jabari Greer to play nickel or dime. He was outstanding this season as a starter in Buffalo. Fair enough he's not "prototypical size" for an NFL corner, but that's complete crap anyway, there's a reason shorter guys have better cover skills, it's mechanically easier to play corner if you're 5'10 than if you're 6'3 or taller. Greer should be looking for another starting job this season, not settling for a depth spot on someone's roster, he more than earned a starting gig this year for the Bills, and that was without a great deal of pass rush in front of him.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy to get him as a depth corner, but I don't see why he won't be looking for a starting gig.

Quote Originally Posted by raven2131 View Post
    I like Dre Bly a lot. He's a bit older than some of the other options, but he would bring good talent at a cheap price
    A Bit older is the problem we're trying to get younger at the position.

Bly is also the opposite of what we need in terms of how he plays. He's constantly looking for the big play and biting on the first cut on a route. He gets burned far too many times on double moves which is already the great weakness of this secondary, the last thing we need is another overly aggressive "playmaker".