Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boller

Re: Boller

It's still preaseason stats but hopefully its a good sign.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I'm trying not to get too excited but those stats are real compelling and excluding McNairs TD/INT ratio, about the best we can expect from both QBs. McNair has the better completion % while Kyle has more yards per attempt.

Sting, you've got to hook us up with some videos! Please!

I can't hook you up with videos, but the WashingtonPost website has some tremendous pictures from last night's game. They are really good action shots.
    Oderint dum metuant

You guys realize Boller is playing against backups? He goes from playing against starters last year to backups this year. That's the only reason he looks improved. Let him play against starters and we'll see the old Boller again.
    -John

That's the only reason he looks improved
    No, it's not. If you can't see the improvment then I question your ability to be objective.

Could also be that he's looking better because there's no more pressure on him as the starter to be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuBS
    You guys realize Boller is playing against backups?
    Do you realize he's playing WITH backups? Sorry, but that's a brainless arguement.

he'd 'overthrown' Moore, albeit by about half a yard. Moore could have got that had he kept going at full speed and made an attempt at grabbing it.
    I agree that Boller has looked much improved this pre-season, but that throw was indeed Boller's fault. It was well more than a half yard off-target. And it should have been thrown out in front to lead him atleast a little. Instead it was thrown over Moore's wrong shoulder, causing him to have to rotate his entire body. Then it landed a good 3 to 5 yards in beyond him. I don't think gumby could'v made a diving catch on that one.

But again, that throw aside, I've been real impressed with Boller. He looks much improved, at reading blitzes & remaining calm in the pocket. And for the most part, has been rather accurate. He's also been giving our WR's a chance to make plays. I feel very comfortable with him as our #2 QB.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You guys realize Boller is playing against backups?
    As noted, and he is playing WITH backups.

But more importantly, he is more composed and relaxed in the pocket despite tons of pressure. He is finding the open man despite not being as accurate as one would like. That being said, given his yards per attempt and now far he is tossing the rock his completion percentage is actually damn good.

Sting, you've got to hook us up with some videos! Please!

They're coming. Don't worry. :) Probably will be a single video marking McNair and Boller's touchdowns.

And I want to get another look at this throw to Moore while I'm at it. People are talking like there was no way Moore could have reached his hands up into the air and made a play on it. From the replays, Moore didn't even look back to see if the ball was coming his way!

Im watching the replay right now,and the ball to Moore came within a foot of hitting him in the helmet.At first I though he needed to dive to have a chance,but all he had to do was stick his arms out!!! He just looked over his hear and watchwed the ball whizz right by.This guy just puzzles me sometimes,it looks like he is not only scared of other players hitting him but the ground as well.

I thought Boller turned a corner vs. MIN and GB last year. Then he sucked in CLE. Now he's turning a corner again. I'm seeing a trend here.

I'll reserve being happy until I see the man go 16 games looking GOOD. Might have to wait on that with that McNair guy being here and stuff.