Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boller

Looks like Steve McNair has already improved Kyle Boller. I know Kyle is not going against the starting line up but he looks like a player with some hope for the future. They both seem to be talking on the side lines. Maybe Kyle is learning something.

Blog Entries

Re: Boller

I was so ready to rip my old Boller jersey off on his first snap though. Redskin defender charged right up the middle and he got an 11 yard sack. It was painful.

But he improved, definitley a more relaxed QB now.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'd of ripped my Keydrick Vincent jersey up after that play before i ripped up my Boller jersey. The skins weren't even blitzing on that play. Keydrick just let the routine pass rush blow right by him.

Vincent worries me, but I agree about Boller. He just seems more composed and less jumpy when he goes back to pass. Maybe it's because he's not the starter, maybe he's already learned something from McNair, or maybe it's just that he's finally hitting his stride in his fourth season, but he looks pretty good.

Yes he looks better but there's room for improvement. His poise looks a lot better, and it was nice to see him check down, find the open man and get handsomely rewarded for it.

His deep ball still needs work and he could do with getting less air underneath his passes. He needs to learn from McNair how to better anticipate the rush and pressure - even though the line suck, that 11 yard loss was on him as he simply held on to the ball for too long.

Overall though, I'm fairly encouraged by Kyle's progress this pre-season.

Blog Entries

He did seem to throw a lot of passes into obvious double coverage to non-jump ball receivers though. That nearly caused me to rip my hair out a couple times.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy
    I'd of ripped my Keydrick Vincent jersey up after that play before i ripped up my Boller jersey. The skins weren't even blitzing on that play. Keydrick just let the routine pass rush blow right by him.
    Exactly. Why would Boller be to blame for a blatant mistake by someone who was supposed to be protecting him? :grbac:

Boller is looking excellent in preseason. Good reads, not staring his receivers down as much and he looks to have a little attitude going for him.

Give Boller a break remember he plays behind our stellar oline

I'm getting comfortable with Kyle coming in and playing if McNair is out for a couple of games. He's looking better every week.

I will give Kyle and the FO some props (finally). Boller has always played better pissed and he seems to have a huge log on his shoulder now. I love it. I just hope he can keep that focus when we need him this year. Those bombs although they were scripted were really scary. For a guy with a gun, he seems to underthrow his long passes.

BTW, he does have a gun and I don't mind him threading a needle now and again (ala Favre).

For a guy with a gun, he seems to underthrow his long passes.
    I think he underthrew Bryant because he'd 'overthrown' Moore, albeit by about half a yard. Moore could have got that had he kept going at full speed and made an attempt at grabbing it.