Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boller

Re: Boller

One can only wonder how the last 3 years would have gone for Boller had he been put in the right position,holding a clipboard,after he was drafted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy
    I'd of ripped my Keydrick Vincent jersey up after that play before i ripped up my Boller jersey. The skins weren't even blitzing on that play. Keydrick just let the routine pass rush blow right by him.
    Exactly. Why would Boller be to blame for a blatant mistake by someone who was supposed to be protecting him? :grbac:

I thought Boller turned a corner vs. MIN and GB last year. Then he sucked in CLE. Now he's turning a corner again. I'm seeing a trend here.

I'll reserve being happy until I see the man go 16 games looking GOOD. Might have to wait on that with that McNair guy being here and stuff.
    Unfortunately we may have already blew it on Boller. I anticipate McNair starting here for 2 to 3 more years. Boller's contract ends before that, and I can't see us extending it.

I hope I'm wrong. Because as everyone else is beginning to see, McNair seems to be helping Boller rapidly progress. Boller could be our future QB, and if he keeps improving under McNair, he could be a good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    One can only wonder how the last 3 years would have gone for Boller had he been put in the right position,holding a clipboard,after he was drafted.
    Rack.

There was no way he could have been prepared to go into the season like that.

Very few have gone in and done alright right away. Peyton Manning is the exception. McNabb started 12 games 1st year, Eli Manning 9...McNair sat for a damn long time. Palmer sat. Hasselbeck didn't start for 3 years. Brady had been on the Pats an entire year.

That was the one thing that has concerned me the whole boller era. He's never had a veteran voice or been able to watch anyone that's remotely successful with this team.

That's the total value McNair brings. You never know what Boller's going to learn or be able to do here. I'm hoping that Kyle can fix his problems and be able to take over the team once McNair retires or becomes injured.

Boller's contract ends before that, and I can't see us extending it.
    Honestly, I think depending on how the next 2 years go, that could be up to Boller. If he plays in McNair's absense well and shows he'd learned how to be effective, then other teams are going to want him. Remember there are some guys that are going to be retiring at some point. I could see a scenerio where Boller goes to Kansas City to fight for the starting job since Trent Green is getting up there in years and without looking it up I can't even remember who their backup is. And KC has a killer offensive line.