Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens Q&A w/ Aaron Wilson

Questions For Aaron Wilson

1. Who are some of the UFAs from other teams that the Ravens would think about signing?

2. Is there any chance the Ravens make a trade to obtain their big play WR?

3. Is Suggs likely to get the Tag or are the Ravens going to sign him to a long term contract?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I have a lot of respect for what Aaron says and I find his information extremely creditable. Most people on this forum don't feel that the Ravens will resign Jim Leonard and I find it refreshing that Aaron feels that the probably of resigning him is "Probable" which is a 75% chance he comes back to the Ravens.
    The only problem is that I don't think he'll fit Ozzie's Right Player Right Price philosohpy, especially since the Jets just freed up a bunch of money with Favre's retiring. Rex loved Jimmy from the start and would probably push hard to get him. I don't think the cost of keeping Leonard would be in Ozzie's price range, especially considering we've got Zbikowski and Nakamura waiting to play. I think either of them could step up and play if need be. They've both got the heart and the attitude that we look for in our defenders. Zbikowski is considerably bigger than Leonard and Nakamura, but still moves well as evidenced by his use in the return game.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jim Leonard. He played his butt off and is going to get PAID this off-season. I just don't think it'll be by us. If we were strapped at Safety the way we're looking strapped at CB or WR, then I could see us getting something done, but I'm willing to bet that Zibs will be our starting strong safety next season. You can quote me on that, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by the_scarecrow3 View Post
    The only problem is that I don't think he'll fit Ozzie's Right Player Right Price philosohpy, especially since the Jets just freed up a bunch of money with Favre's retiring. Rex loved Jimmy from the start and would probably push hard to get him. I don't think the cost of keeping Leonard would be in Ozzie's price range, especially considering we've got Zbikowski and Nakamura waiting to play. I think either of them could step up and play if need be. They've both got the heart and the attitude that we look for in our defenders. Zbikowski is considerably bigger than Leonard and Nakamura, but still moves well as evidenced by his use in the return game.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jim Leonard. He played his butt off and is going to get PAID this off-season. I just don't think it'll be by us. If we were strapped at Safety the way we're looking strapped at CB or WR, then I could see us getting something done, but I'm willing to bet that Zibs will be our starting strong safety next season. You can quote me on that, ha.
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by the_scarecrow3 View Post

He might get a huge offer and he might not.

The Ravens will definitely throw an offer his way and if he accepts it, that's great.

If some team blows the Raven's offer out the water, then he'll move on the greener pastures.

It's as simple as that.

PP

I think they saw Zibs as a starter at SS sooner or later anyway or they would not have drafted him in the 3rd. Landry was going to be a restricted free agent and would have been the guy getting huge offers if he was healthy.

I think they got Leonard becasue they were not sure about Ed Reed or Haruki starting at FS. The guy is too small to be an NFL SS, but could be a great FS.