We miss the drunk

hindsight is 20/20 but i beleive even with all the turnovers, seeing as it was a fg affair.

with BJ sams i beleive we could have out field goaled them

Re: We miss the drunk

We've been missing him since he went down.
    I never realized how much he gave us field position wise because he danced so much, but he had the ability for the big play. Ross just did not.

If he'd made a big play, then yes. But Ross averaged 20.7 on kickoffs and 15.0 on punt returns, he did well I thought.

Losing BJ really put us against the wall. I think if he was in the game yesterday we very well might have scored a TD. I thought when he went down that things would change. BJ was getting hot before he went down.

Ross did OK and the blocks were there but Ross has no zoom and wasn't able to hit the holes. Not sure why Mike Anderson wasn't used as he had fresh legs. The same with Jamal as he kept going to the right and never once cut back to the left where he would have seen the light of day and taken it all the way. Mike Anderson should have been given some more carries as well. Colts did this with Rhodes and he ate up valuable clock time and yards.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

MA looked great on his carries, I think he would have done as well if not better than Jamal. Horrid gameplan limiting carries though.

I had no problem with the way Cory Ross played. He wasn't great, but he was pretty damn solid for the limited NFL gametime he had.

Even I have to admit I was wrong about 100% proof. He would have given us better field position. We need him back for next year.

They'll keep Cory Ross around, though, to press BJ Sams Beer, but Sams should keep his job, injuries notwithstanding.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Isn't he going to be suspended for 4 games next year?