Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What is C-Mac's Fate?

With this being "the last capped year" all incentives that would allow CMac to earn back and reduction he is willing to take in salary will still count against the cap (at least until he is unable to meet those incentives). So, there is no way to redo his deal and reduce his cap number, other than a straight paycut. If reports that CMac is as tired of the Ravens as they are of him are true, then I don't see that happening either.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    With this being "the last capped year" all incentives that would allow CMac to earn back and reduction he is willing to take in salary will still count against the cap (at least until he is unable to meet those incentives). So, there is no way to redo his deal and reduce his cap number, other than a straight paycut. If reports that CMac is as tired of the Ravens as they are of him are true, then I don't see that happening either.
    That makes it a little more complicated then. There still should be some wiggle room to convert salary to bonus along with a pay cut, but the normal pay cut with incentives seemed to work well.

What is C mac's value on the open market right now, June 1 and at the start of the season, and how much do the Ravens need either a Cb or the cap space are more important questions than who has more hurt feelings or what the coach or player want. I would be suprised if they did anything with him before the draft, but I have not heard about the results of his end of year physical that determines if the Ravens can even cut him or if they can use a PUP list kind of roster exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    That makes it a little more complicated then. There still should be some wiggle room to convert salary to bonus along with a pay cut, but the normal pay cut with incentives seemed to work well.
    If they want him to accept less, I doubt they would be willing to give him a bonus to do so. Plus, right now, this is the last year of bonus proration for him for 2010 or after, but giving him a bonus would mean dead money next year (on top of another year of $8M salary).

Sorry, but even if they were inclined to do so, I don't see how they can make it work - short of an outright paycut, which I also don't see.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    If they want him to accept less, I doubt they would be willing to give him a bonus to do so. Plus, right now, this is the last year of bonus proration for him for 2010 or after, but giving him a bonus would mean dead money next year (on top of another year of $8M salary).

Sorry, but even if they were inclined to do so, I don't see how they can make it work - short of an outright paycut, which I also don't see.
    If no one is going to pay him 8 mil, why not make a deal to stay for about what he could get somewhere else? Maybe he wants to go play for 49ers or Raiders for 3 mil a year. The Pats would most likley offer him about that, but until the Ravens run out of cap space they have no reason to let him hit the market while teams are still way under the cap, and maybe a team would offer us up to a 4th if they can talk contract and work out a deal they like with him like when we got McNair.

If we were so up against it we could not sign our free agents he would obvously be out early and that is all tehre would be to it, but because the Ravens could actually sign, Ray and Brown as well as Tag Sizz before even getting to the draft picks, I think they will at least see what they can do before cutting an asset. Most guys like him who hit free agency early are on teams that are already way up aganst the cap. Even the Raiders got a 4th rouder out of us for Washington who they would have eventually cut had they not made a trade.

His attitude and locker room problems have been reported on NST and I believe other outlets as well.

Setting aside the personality issues:

He's played roughly every other game over the span of the last two-three seasons.

As nervous as we were when he was put on IR, the fact remains our defense played solid without him.

And the organization saves a boatload of cash by cutting him.

Hmmm, what to do.

I know this: If I had a fast car that was expensive and difficult to keep on the road, and only rarely worked anyway, and then once while it was in the shop I realized I got along just fine with my $30/day rental...

Why would I renew the lease on the fast car? I'll take the Honda, thank you, and with the money I save I'll buy a yacht for my offense.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    If no one is going to pay him 8 mil, why not make a deal to stay for about what he could get somewhere else? Maybe he wants to go play for 49ers or Raiders for 3 mil a year.
    It's pretty clear that CMac doesn't want to be here either, so he's not going to agree to anything.

If we were so up against it we could not sign our free agents he would obvously be out early and that is all tehre would be to it, but because the Ravens could actually sign, Ray and Brown as well as Tag Sizz before even getting to the draft picks, I think they will at least see what they can do before cutting an asset.
    They already know approximately what they can get done with the cap space they have. They can not re-sign Ray, Brown, Suggs, a PK and FB without the $8M from CMac.

Even the Raiders got a 4th rouder out of us for Washington who they would have eventually cut had they not made a trade.
    It was easy for the Ravens to give up a 4th and accept Washington's remaining deal at $750K and $1.515M. It's not so easy for another team to give up a draft pick AND take on the $16M still due CMac over the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    You guys act like he is Terrell Owens or someone like that. Give it up. Does he have a personality of Ray....NO, but, Outside of being late to a bus last season and some trouble with MJ/ alcohol early in his career he has been nothing short of a great player. I love you people who live in glass houses always throwing stones:grbac: :grbac:
    The problem with him wasn't the issues you mentioned. His attitude with the new staff was terrible. He was becoming a cancer and that is why they put him on the IR for an old injury that he had proven he could play with. I have it on good authority that he is gone and the decision was made months ago.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Per 105.7: CMac has been released.

It was a nice run,he will catch on with someone else probably at FS.

Blog Entries

I reckon he'll get cut..

The Browns are on the phone with him as we speak.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The Browns are on the phone with him as we speak.
    I wouldnt doubt that for one second.They have the need,the Savage connection, and the overwhelming joy they seem to get from taking our cast offs.