Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Latest Gallup on Stimulus Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If the government is going to get involved in the economy tax breaks to businesses to build new plants, get new equipment and put people back to work making things here once again is the way to go. Spending on infrastructure for new interstates and power grid improvements would also help. But this crapfest of a bill is one to stay away from and any politician who stays away from it is smart. It will hurt the economy by taking resources that could be used for investment and instead be used to buy condoms and build polar bear exhibits.
    Careful Greg. That kind of factual, logical thinking wont sit too well with Galen.

Come on dude, it's all about popularity! Not what actually works. Geesh.

"[A] wise and frugal government... shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." -- Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Now, I am sure Galen will say he's some righty but then that will simply expose how much he doesnt know about Glenn Beck.
    Glenn Beck? HR just said Glenn Beck! (insert beavis and butthead laugh).

Like this Glenn Beck...the one and only Apocaplyptic Glenn Beck?

Beck talking about Ahmadinejad with evangelical author Joel Rosenberg...now don't take me as being a supporter of Ahmadinejad but the antichrist? really?:

http://crooksandliars.com/media/play/wmv/7310/25884

"If I may -- If you look at the extremist Muslim version of the Mahdi, and then you read the Book of Revelation, he suspiciously looks like the Anti-Christ. Seeing that he's the one that's running a one-world government and executing everyone that disagrees with him from Babylon -- I don't know where I've heard that one before."

Here's another gem from Apocalyptic Glenn but this time it is Laura Ingraham
    ...yes Laura Ingraham...talking him down off the ledge:

http://crooksandliars.com/media/play/wmv/7286/25833

yeah...you are right if you expected me not to be a good soldier and pony up to Glenn Beck. I did watch the video because he never disappoints. I would make the suggestion that the economic situation is a little more complicated than his chart.

I am no economist but if the reality of the economic problem was that easy to understand I highly doubt Nobel prize winning economists would be supporting MORE spending. Neither you nor I nor Apocalyptic Glenn could even begin to say we know enough about the situation that the answer would be explained by a simple chart.

That guy is more a wackjob than the rest of Fox Noise. I can't believe you really think that clip is the end all of this economic debate.

WHAT NOBEL WINNING ECONOMIST SUPPORTED SPENDING MORE MONEY??????????????????

If you are going to spew your venom on this thread please back it up with facts not bogus polls and opinions:liar:

In mondays wall street journal there was a full page ad with hundreds of economist's from the cato institute that signed off on a petition to kill the so called stimulus bill because spending more money was not the answer.:happyanim

Galen you keep saying things so often that you must have convinced yourself that its the truth,,, You cannot hide from facts by calling conservatives names , it just cheapens your arguement

Quote Originally Posted by LOT"H"TAILGATER View Post
    WHAT NOBEL WINNING ECONOMIST SUPPORTED SPENDING MORE MONEY??????????????????

If you are going to spew your venom on this thread please back it up with facts not bogus polls and opinions:liar:
    Spend some time reading this blog each day before accusing people of being morans and spewers. In the end, it will make you look a little less like you are from the wingnuttery...which is really a good thing.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

In mondays wall street journal there was a full page ad with hundreds of economist's from the cato institute that signed off on a petition to kill the so called stimulus bill because spending more money was not the answer.:happyanim
    I tend to shy away from organizations where Rupert Murdoch and oil companies have invested either money and time into. But that's just me.

Galen you keep saying things so often that you must have convinced yourself that its the truth,,, You cannot hide from facts by calling conservatives names , it just cheapens your arguement
    Boy...that's inspirational from you!

Two reasonable and moderate individuals, Scarborough and Chuck Todd, makes sense of the Gallup Poll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxRZ...ointsmemo.com/

Kind of what I have been saying about how the republicans are not playing politics as well as Obama right now...regardless of what the extreme right is trying so desperately to coerce into our view/opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Graham: "It started with the attitude, we won, we write the bill. Dave Obey, Democratic appropriater in the House, created a monster of a bill that really stunk up the place and the public saw right through it and it came to the Senate and the compromise is actually more expensive then the original House bill. You've rearranged the puzzle a bit....

The public does like this president, he's a very likeable guy, but his leadership here I think has been unacceptable and his partisan rhetoric is going to make it harder for us to work together on banking and housing and if we don't solve the banking crisis and the housing problems, no stimulus package will jump start the economy."

I don't see how she said anything wrong? No conservative wants any part of this bill and they are the bad guys? Why are they the bad guys for trying to stop economic suicide? I'm sorry but shutting out the oppsoing position is the diversive part, not the calling out of such.
    This bill is the definition of excess, that excess you speak of that ruins economies.

Blog Entries

Obama and Co. shouldn't go on TV if this is how the Market is going to be the next day. BTW, this is the only "poll" I need to see to tell me this "stimulus" is and will be a failure......

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Kind of what I have been saying about how the republicans are not playing politics as well as Obama right now...regardless of what the extreme right is trying so desperately to coerce into our view/opinion.
    Economics is 2+2 math, not something that is compromised on or political.

Greg was spot on. The left plays politics and rules by popularity polls while the right is trying to do what will actually work.

And as for your Glen Beck comments, I noticed a lot of attacking of a person and not what he said in relation to the economy. I see you've already lost the debate -- his figures for that video clip come directly from the CBO.

Poor Galen.

Cato is some GOP bastion of thinking? They are strictly libertarian. You ask any of these idiot neocons and they laugh at Cato.

Me, I happen to think they take some good positions. They were very critical of W and the Iraq War and the NCLB.

Poor Galen.

Cato is some GOP bastion of thinking? They are strictly libertarian. You ask any of these idiot neocons and they laugh at Cato.

Me, I happen to think they take some good positions. They were very critical of W and the Iraq War and the NCLB.
    where did I say "GOP bastion"? I said I take with a grain of salt any organization that has ever had connections to Rupert Murdoch or take direct funding from oil companies. That is you projecting what you want me to say so that you can keep your arguments elementary.

Economics is 2+2 math, not something that is compromised on or political.
    Oh but then what happens when a bill has to be pushed through a two-party filter? you don't think politics come into it?...compromise?

Greg was spot on. The left plays politics and rules by popularity polls while the right is trying to do what will actually works
    Sounds like a comment from someone who is behind in the polls.

And as for your Glen Beck comments, I noticed a lot of attacking of a person and not what he said in relation to the economy. I see you've already lost the debate -- his figures for that video clip come directly from the CBO.
    What you missed with your need right away to point out that I attacked Beck as a person was my attack on:

1. His view of Ahmadinejad as The Anti-Christ,

2. His persistence in calling Obama a Fascist AND a communist in the same sentence. Fist off all those are outrageous claims and secondly, it is an impossible claim demonstrating how little he possibly knows. That should concern you.

3. I don't doubt the chart, I am simply suggesting that his chart is not significant enough to be the end all of the debate. Like he is the only one who has seen that graph? People much smarter about the econom have seen that chart and they are not usimg it to rule options. It is a simple way to appeal to emotion without intellectual discourse. Sorry you think he is the savior now. Frankly it reminds me of volcanos.

Now to make you happier...Glenn Beck is an apocalyptic nut case...just like hannity, coulter, Oreilly and the rest of the Murdoch lineup. At least they are getting rich off those read their hate-filled manifestos to support their own rigid and compartmentalized ways of seeing things.