Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuuuce

Re: Bruuuuuuce

I was going to say 60 was old until I forgot how old I am now:(

Blog Entries

I don't get the love affair people have with him. He's alright, but I've never been blown away by his performances or music.

How could he not sing Born In The USA @ the most American of events?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I was not impressed.

U2 puts on THE BEST live show of any modern act, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    How could he not sing Born In The USA @ the most American of events?
    Because Born in the USA is not exactly a shining endorsement of what America represents? Its verses lyrics are fairly bitter and critical of the way war veterans were treated by the US government. It's not a nationalistic song.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Because Born in the USA is not exactly a shining endorsement of what America represents? Its verses lyrics are fairly bitter and critical of the way war veterans were treated by the US government. It's not a nationalistic song.
    It is to us Veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    It is to us Veterans.
    Of course! And I don't think Springsteen wanted the message of the song to be lost on the majority of viewers who would all just be going "USA - yeah!". Springsteen is pretty far left and anti-war, and with the current war in Iraq probably didn't feel comfortable playing a song that would be widely misinterpreted.

Born in the USA is my favorite song by the BOSS...:usa:

So who is the next mega group or superstar from the rock and roll era they are going to tap for next year?

It's funny how rock n roll has become associated with mom and apple pie when it's roots are so anti-establishment.

I think that actually says good things about our country.

Wink Re: Bruuuuuuce

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    So who is the next mega group or superstar from the rock and roll era they are going to tap for next year?

It's funny how rock n roll has become associated with mom and apple pie when it's roots are so anti-establishment.
    The NFL will want to avoid being perceived as anti-establishment, so I expect to see more of groups with more universal appeal, i.e. the big-name rock groups and individuals from the 70s/80s/90s with a sprinkling of contemporary and classic country. As rock has become more splintered, I don't think that it's likely that there will be contemporary rock groups. Since the Janet Jackson fiasco, the choices have been fairly conservative:
    Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty, Springsteen.

I'd like to see Sugarland: Jennifer Nettles puts on a highly energetic performance in the high-energy league of Aretha Franklin.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I've never been a bis Bruce fan but he put on a better, more energetic show at halftime than I've seen in a while.

I'd rather see Brad Paisley or Toby Keith myself ... that or Dropkick Murphys

Its anti-establishment but he is blaming the govt not the soldiers. He is defending the soldiers.