Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GOP playing poor game of "Simon Says"

I can just hear the the Grand Old White Boys after Hillary was getting all the attention, "Yeah boys, we need one dem that wear a skirt and make sure she's purtier than Hillery...don't worry about her havin' any smartz though, that ain't 'portant"

After Obama was elected with such popularity and fanfare, The Grand Old White Boys, "Yeah boyz we need us one of dem ni.... oh thats right can't say that word no mo' ... go find us one of dem colored boys to be the chair"

I guess when the only other choice was a white country club elite that opposed integration what else are you to do??? Seems kind of obvious and disingenuine too me.

Blog Entries

Re: GOP playing poor game of "Simon Says"

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I can just hear the the Grand Old White Boys after Hillary was getting all the attention, "Yeah boys, we need one dem that wear a skirt and make sure she's purtier than Hillery...don't worry about her havin' any smartz though, that ain't 'portant"

After Obama was elected with such popularity and fanfare, The Grand Old White Boys, "Yeah boyz we need us one of dem ni.... oh thats right can't say that word no mo' ... go find us one of dem colored boys to be the chair"

I guess when the only other choice was a white country club elite that opposed integration what else are you to do??? Seems kind of obvious and disingenuine too me.
    He's forgotten more about politics than you'll ever know. By the way, your racism is showing through with your comments.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    He's forgotten more about politics than you'll ever know. By the way, your racism is showing through with your comments.....
    i didn't criticize Steele...I am just pointing out how the Grand Ol' Boys party is a step behind the Democrats when it comes to diversity.

Obviously you missed the whole point of the post.

Blog Entries

i didn't criticize Steele...I am just pointing out how the Grand Ol' Boys party is a step behind the Democrats when it comes to diversity.

Steele has been a great Conservative for a long time. He has brought himself to the forefront of Conservative issues recently and I'm sure the GOP has always held him in high standard. I'm also pretty sure the timing of it raises eyebrows for people that are looking to raise eyebrows....

Steele has been a great Conservative for a long time. He has brought himself to the forefront of Conservative issues recently and I'm sure the GOP has always held him in high standard. I'm also pretty sure the timing of it raises eyebrows for people that are looking to raise eyebrows....
    Again I am not criticizing Steele...although he does "pal around" with pro-choicers and is more open to gay rights than your typical connie.

It raises eyebrows just because of what I just said and especially when the runner up was your typical republican white elitist. I am sure the GOP is looking at ways to diversify their very homogenous base. Maybe they should have been doing prior to getting blistered in the past elections....yes that does raise eyebrows.

Not to mention the Palin choice who if was properly vetted, would have never been a VP candidate.

Not to mention the Palin choice who if was properly vetted, would have never been a VP candidate.

Not to mention Obama, or his cabinet, if properly vetted, would never have been candidates for their jobs.

You are more worried about the color of the skin of the chair of the RNC, then you are of the fact that the people YOU have chosen to lead our country are anti-Amercian THIEVES, who CHOOSE not to do the patriotic thing and pay even the taxes they are LEGALLY required to do so.

Incorrect. It's the Dems doing the catch up.

W appointed more minorites and women to cabinet posts and judgeships than any past President.

As for your fanfare and popularity comment, he hasnt even come close to sniffing the popularity Reagan received when he was elected.

But keep drinking that media kool-aid!

While you're doing the studying, maybe go back and see which political party help start the NAACP. Or maybe the political leanings of people like W.E.B. DuBois, MLK, etc.

Just because the Dems figured out that jumping on the Affirmative Action bandwagon was a way to get easy black votes does not make them "diverse". On the backs of the black community, handing to them the soft bigotry of low expectations that AA provides, the Dems "feel" better about themselves and thus, can claim the mantra of "diverse".

Pretty sad.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 02-03-2009 at 09:56 AM.

I am sorry to have to inform you of this, but Steele is not conservative. He is and always have been center-right.

He is a great man and as a person, I am happy for his success. But dont kid yourself. You're correct that he has been at the forefront of Conservative issues recently. Operative word there is "recently".

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Incorrect. It's the Dems doing the catch up.

W appointed more minorites and women to cabinet posts and judgeships than any past President.

As for your fanfare and popularity comment, he hasnt even come close to sniffing the popularity Reagan received when he was elected.

But keep drinking that media kool-aid!

While you're doing the studying, maybe go back and see which political party help start the NAACP. Or maybe the political leanings of people like W.E.B. DuBois, MLK, etc.

Just because the Dems figured out that jumping on the Affirmative Action bandwagon was a way to get easy black votes does not make them "diverse". On the backs of the black community, handing to them the soft bigotry of low expectations that AA provides, the Dems "feel" better about themselves and thus, can claim the mantra of "diverse".

Pretty sad.
    Seriously, you are going to make the case that the GOP represents the interests of minorities? Good luck there. I will file that claim in the same drawer as your volcano mythology.

Seriously, you are going to make the case that the GOP represents the interests of minorities? Good luck there. I will file that claim in the same drawer as your volcano mythology.
    Im simply pointing out the GOP's past. If you want to argue any of my points, feel free.

It is a fact that Bush 43 appointed more women and minorities then any previous Prez. Go and look for yourself.

It was a Republican led Congress that created the first bunch of civil rights legislation at a time the Dixiecrats were still hanging out with the KKK.

The NAACP Legal Defense fund was started by a group of GOPers.

The GOP gets this bad rap over two things -- failing to sponser the Equal Rights Amendment back in the 80's and not supporting, by and large, AA legislation.

Both times, GOP leaders felt that particular legislation would do more harm than good. In the case of AA, many of their worries are coming to fruition. I am not going rehash the research, feel free to read "Affirmative Action Around the World" by Thomas Sowell. All AA legislation has been doing is making the black community a permanent underclass, according to Sowell.

Now, I will agree the GOP did simply give up during the late 80's and early 90's in attracting the black vote. It was short-sighted and they have begun trying to woo more black voters.

Again, you belivee the bumper sticker dogma. Me, I like to look at historical facts.

If you flipped the racist lingo/labels in this post , the offender would be labeled racist4life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am sorry to have to inform you of this, but Steele is not conservative. He is and always have been center-right.

He is a great man and as a person, I am happy for his success. But dont kid yourself. You're correct that he has been at the forefront of Conservative issues recently. Operative word there is "recently".
    Fair enough.......I highlighted to show where I stand and why I like him.