AddThis
    email this story to a friend E-Mail print story Print Reprint
    Comments (7)
    Recommend (0)
    Text Size:
    tool name
    close
    tool goes here

Michael Phelps will not be charged with marijuana possession, though the Olympic champion swimmer admitted to being pictured holding a marijuana pipe at a Columbia house party in November, Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott announced today.

Speaking now during a press conference at the Sheriff's Department headquarters, Lott said his investigators couldn't find enough evidence to charge anyone — including Phelps — who attended the party with any crime.

WOW!!! Absolutely shockinhg!!!!

Now that the taxpayers dollars have been wasted,and the sheriff was obviously trying to get his name in the news......was it worth it do-gooders??

Was it worth it to waste time on this bullshit?Arent there murdereers and rapists or REAL criminals out there terrorizing the community that this time and energy could have been spent on?

Of course there are,but someone wanted their 15 minutes and it looks like that time just ran out.

Re: OT/ Phelps, Drudge, and the Bong

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    WOW!!! Absolutely shockinhg!!!!

Now that the taxpayers dollars have been wasted,and the sheriff was obviously trying to get his name in the news......was it worth it do-gooders??

Was it worth it to waste time on this bullshit?Arent there murdereers and rapists or REAL criminals out there terrorizing the community that this time and energy could have been spent on?

Of course there are,but someone wanted their 15 minutes and it looks like that time just ran out.
    And there are several posters on this board who are very disappointed today because "he was a role model to our kids". But they as parents still drove home drunk from Raven's games.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks Dec.

I thought he was Phelp's agent but he wasnt.

He sure knew a lot of personal stuff about him.

That Yankee stuff was part of the interview so I thought some would find it interesting too. Thats why I put it in.

Sorry to digress from the point.
    Darren Rovell has carved out a nice niche for himself in the "sports marketing/business" reporting he does,and I always check in on his blog periodically.He has some great insight and knows what he is talking about.

I'm surprised the Atlanta DA didn't get involved to reclaim his sullied reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    I heard that Ray referred Phelps to Garland and when the DA heard that he said forget it.