Who's Your 18(?) Cuts??

Severral easy cuts can be made, where are the tough cuts? I think Olsen, LaCrasse(?) (getting blown out out all night), and Step....ski (sp) ; can't catch a cold!!!

Re: Who's Your 18(?) Cuts??

Amongst the cuts, i my opinion, are:

Drew Olson (P.S.)
    Brian St. Pierre (We can find a better 3rd stringer on the wire)
    TLT (P.S.)
    LaCasse
    Haley (tough cut)
    Daniels (P.S.)
    Martin
    Ogelsby
    Wimborne
    Bryant (Though it should be Moore)
    Cottrell
    Abiamiri
    Elling
    Araguz
    Droge
    Kracalik
    Butler
    Rod Green (another tough cut)
    Cory Ross (as much as I want him to make the team. P.S.).

Justin Green on IR (watch). Brian Rimpf on reserve PUP. Maybe even Aubrey Franklin on IR.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Blog Entries

Araguz is gone, possibly to the Redskins...

I didn't get much of a chance to watch Ross and Daniels, but I think we'll carry one of the two with us. Possibly both if Green goes on IR.

TLT will be on the practice squad...better luck next year kid. Bryant should still be cut, but he did make a good catch.

I don't think we'll cut Olson AND St. Pierre...if we find someone better, THEN we'll cut the other one and add the new QB.

anyway, here's my 18...

Olson (I want him here, but St. Pierre is the better option at this point)
    Cory Ross (he's done a good job, but he's no better than a backup return guy here and he hasn't done too much differently from Daniels)
    TLT (just not enough reps)
    Bryant
    Abiamiri
    Blizzard
    Kracalik
    Droege
    Szalay
    Leaders
    Ayodele
    Cottrell
    Oglesby
    Martin
    Duvol Thompson
    Butler
    Araguz
    Elling
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Man, I can't say St Pierre is a better option than anyone at this point. At least Olson might be something in the future.

Blog Entries

Actually, going on what I was thinking earlier...St. Pierre is the cut and here's why...

If we cut Olson now, there's a better chance of some team grabbing him off the waiver wire (like we'll try to do). However, at this round of cuts, most teams will be ponying up their roster, so after the waiver wire is picked apart, anyone we cut will have a better chance of passing through...

If we find someone better, Olson is cut and possibly sticks on P Sq (for a little while at least). If not, we didn't want St. Pierre here really anyway, so Olson just becomes our defacto #3.

But, most likely, Billick will cut Olson and keep St. Pierre, just because that's how the Ravens operate.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

we have to cut 22, not 18...so here's my added 4...

Tim Johnson - he was basically competing with Gary Stills. Stills won.

Dennis Haley - he was pretty good last night and overall, but you can't cut a Mike Smith or Dan Cody for him

Rod Green - numbers game. He's good, but not good enough to survive the cutdown

Ryan LaCasse - He should talk to Mike Smith. 7th round pick, take a year on the P Sq, come back next year and make it impossible for us to cut you.

Severral easy cuts can be made, where are the tough cuts? I think Olsen, LaCrasse(?) (getting blown out out all night), and Step....ski (sp) ; can't catch a cold!!!
    I don't see Qsyp as being an "easy cut" (sorry, I think I may have misunderstood your quote). I was pretty impressed with him at camp, and do not think he has been given a fair shake in the preseason games due to lack of opportunity. I truly think this guy will be a beast in the future. I had stated before that I think he looks like an "un-polished Heap".

I think he makes this team.
    SS

QSyp will not be cut...he's the 3rd TE.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

yeah, who would you keep as our 3rd TE...Abiamiri? hahaha.

Q Syp was drafted to be a blocker mostly, and he's actually done a good job as a receiver too.

Sypneiwski isn't going to get cut. He hasn't looked great but the thought of keeping Abiamari or Blizzard over him is laughable.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Rainman, I didn't mean that Qsyp would be an "easy" cut, he would be one of the harder ones. Where i agree he looked FAIR in practices/games, this dude has hands of bricks on occasion.
    Scally....No way is Abiamiri our 3rd TE(LOL)..... I'm sure there is someone getting cut tommorrow that is a more complete package then Qsyp

Blog Entries

Qsyp has huge potential, we should keep him on. I see big things happening for him.