Thread: Hue Jackson

Hue Jackson

It looks like he did not get the SF OC job. Does anyone know if he is in the running for any other OC jobs?

It would be huge to have him working with Flacco for another year.

Blog Entries

Re: Hue Jackson

Cincy I think was looking at him...there are a few other openings, so we still need to sweat it out.

I still say we should've offered him the Assistant HC title.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Cincy is indeed interested in him. And I agree with the previous post - why did the ass't HC go to a ST coach, rather than Cam or this guy?
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

My theory is that Harbaugh wanted to do it to give back to the ST line of work, since he got a big break by coming in here without being an OC or DC.

My main issue with it is Rosburg has not done that much here...Our return game hasn't improved much, and our coverage units were shaky. The only thing that we owned was punting.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    My main issue with it is Rosburg has not done that much here...Our return game hasn't improved much, and our coverage units were shaky. The only thing that we owned was punting.
    We had a lot of injury which took guys who were on special teams and coverage units who were put into starter slots (Frank Walker and Jimmy Leonard)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Cincy I think was looking at him...there are a few other openings, so we still need to sweat it out.

I still say we should've offered him the Assistant HC title.
    Cincy still has an OC in Bob Bratkowski... that was just an Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Cincy is indeed interested in him. And I agree with the previous post - why did the ass't HC go to a ST coach, rather than Cam or this guy?
    You don't give the Asst. HC job to Coordinators because they are actually higher on the totem pole. It is actually way to keep assistant coaches happy. While I do agree that I would rather have seen Jackson get the call out it would not have prevented him from taking an OC position as that is a higher position.
    Last edited by srobert96; 01-29-2009 at 04:24 PM.

You have a link about this? It sounded like he was going to get it as of a few days ago. He was there for a 2nd meeting.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I think the asst. HC role is more title than substance, and I would expect Hue to stay know. As for why Rosburgh got the job, well that may be because he is Harbaugh's buddy. That is not meant as a shot. He is more than likely the guy Harbaugh vents to.