Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Should Boldin be our Future #1 WR?

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Forget Boldin. The Cards already said they re not trading him and Boldin has been saying all the right things at the SB like only concentrating on winning the SB and its the last chance he might have of being there.
    I could care less what they are saying now. The guy wants out and it's pretty obvious.

Do you really think he's gonna do anything but toe the company line at this point? He already became a distraction for his antics on the sideline during the NFC Champ game.

It serves him no purpose to fan the flames now.

I'm not saying Boldin will be a Raven but there's a damn good chance he won't be a Cardinal.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Good point but people change and maybe he'll stick around.

Oh yea, btw, you said the same thing when I posted a thread quoting DeCosta as saying this team could have some surprises like the 02 team. You said what do you expect him to say?

He sure was right and Im sure he didnt expect the surprise of going to the AFCNCG.

CARDS also said that Fitzgerald is willing to re-structure to give more to Boldin so that might make him a happy camper. That is the source of his grievance.

Tom Brady often takes less so other teammates could get theirs and it meant another trip to the SB.

Good point though. They may be reconcilable differences.
    What?

I said when you posted about your infamous meeting with DeCosta that of course he's gonna spin the team in a positive light to a group of fans. What else do you expect?

Harbaugh says he thinks Cmac is a great guy. You think that's true?

Boldin is pissed and everyone knows it. The team never said anything about Fitz restructuring. Fitz was asked about Boldin and said he'd be happy to restructure. He was talking off the cuff. He has no idea their cap situation etc..... He knows that having Boldin on the team makes his job easier. By the way, they have a TON of money to spend if they choose to.

Lance Briggs said he'd never play for the Bears ever again. We know how that turned out.

The point is Boldin has done quite a few things to show the team that he wants out. I believe there's a good chance he will indeed be on another team next season. However, I think his price tag is gonna be huge (multiple picks) and that other teams with more attractive picks (we pick 26th in the first round) could easily offer more.

Of course, the Cardinals could be smart, sign him to a deal and keep the most potent passing attack in the league going for a few years and maybe make another SB run.

PP

Restructuring has nothing to do with a paycut. There is no reason why a player would ever turn one down. It takes a portion of your upcoming salary and pays it out to you immediatly.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Restructuring has nothing to do with a paycut. There is no reason why a player would ever turn one down. It takes a portion of your upcoming salary and pays it out to you immediatly.
    I'm assuming you were directing this to me.

I realize that. My point was the whole Fitz talking about "helping the team" to keep Boldin was just him talking to the media and nothing more. First of all the Cardinals have the money to sign Boldin without worrying about any "help" from Fitz at all. Second, a player saying something like that off the cuff means nothing to the reality of the situation.

PP

AZ is like $40MM under the 2009 cap. Fitz could offer to play for free next year and it would make as much of an impact on their ability to redo Boldin's deal as it would if he offered to restructure. Poe's right...Fitz is just talking and it has no relevance what-so-ever. The Cards aren't paying Boldin cause they're cheap bastards, not cause they're cap squeezed.

I would trade our 1st in a heart-beat for Boldin. I'd trade more than that actually. Certainly not two first rounders. No one except Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder are that stupid. Maybe Al Davis. But we shouldn't have to. Draft picks are ridiculously overrated in the NFL. All you need to do is look at NE and realize they got Welker and Moss for a 2nd and 4th. Boldin for a 1st isn't unreasonable.

We cannot trade Suggs. We can't tag him, his deal provided that he would sign only if we agreed not to use the tag on him again this year.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Arizona are a million miles under the cap, but they also have the fewest players of any team under contract for next season, so that cap space is slightly misleading, though clearly they have the space to re-up Boldin.

We need to sign our players first then we can maybe visit this.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenLisa View Post
    We need to sign our players first then we can maybe visit this.
    All of them? Sounds expensive.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.