Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dbcw View Post
    Anyone calling for Boller over McNair is absolutely absurd.

With McNair as our starting QB we compiled the best win-loss record in team history.
    Agreed.

While Boller is a good kid who wants to do well, he has a weak psyche who cannot perform at a high level consistently.
    No. Most of his career he has been burdened with (a) inferior protection and (b) inferior receivers. A dubious burden for any quarterback. He did not seem to have a psyche problem in the Carolina game; he came in and played well, overcoming his early stumbles with confidence and good passes. I would think someone with a 'weak psyche' would stumble once and collapse after some setback.

People want to complain about McNair who in his first year with the Ravens and their offensive system ranked 14th among starting QBs. Let us not forget how poorly Boller ranked after his much longer tenure. For anyone to state that Boller is the better QB is, in my opinion, showing favoritism towards him.
    Or ignorance. :)

At the QB position, McNair gives the Ravens the best chance to win. He isn't perfect, but he is the best we have period.
    Absolutely.

But I firmly disagree with you about Boller's 'weak psyche.' Among his other virtues is the virtue of toughness.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Agreed.

But I firmly disagree with you about Boller's 'weak psyche.' Among his other virtues is the virtue of toughness.
    Totally agree. You can say alot of things about Boller, but "weak" is not one of them. Inconsistant, uncoordinated, poor decision maker...but definately not weak.

In reference to Boller's "weak psyche", I am implying that opposing defenses can get in his head and force him to make mistakes. Fear and nervousness seems to be written all over his face. Very rarely have I seen a calm, cool, and collected look on Boller's face when he was our starter. Without trying to sound insulting (even though I am sure some will take it that way while other exploit it), his game demeanor in the past reminded me of my ex-girlfriend's chihuahua. Always nervous and rarely confident. I don't like painting him that way because I really like him, but it's just what I am reminded of when I would watch him play.

Is Boller tough? Most definitely.

Does Boller have what it takes mentally to win a lot of games for the Ravens? I don't believe so.

Could he have beat the Colts? No.

> I am so sick of hearing about
    I am sorry Tex. I didn't mean to sound like a broken record.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    His play this season consisted of a 1-1 home record against two lessor teams.
    Yep...it pales by comparison to SM's 0-1 at home in the playoffs, doesn't it?

GO RAVENS!!!

I hope that was sarcasm, because NO ONE should be apologizing to Tex about being a broken record....
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

> I am so sick of hearing about
    Copenhaggard, what I should have written was:

That's what I meant. :) It's all in the eyes.
    Festivus

The legend of Kyle Boller lives on. He' was a two game wonder in 2006 just like he was the year before.
    But Tex...what's McNair's legend going to be after his game against Indy?

GO RAVENS!!!

I don't know if Boller is more confident in himself but I'm more confident in him than I've been in the past. When he fumbled the snap and on the next play he threw a pick vs the Browns, I thought he might fold like an accordian. Instead, he brushed himself off, and threw a 77 yd TD to D. Williams. I've seen Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch and Jeff Blake and others that fold, point fingers and sometimes cry after things go sour. That's one thing McNair and Boller have in common, they both are tough S.O.B.'s.

Welcome to the board, Baltoman.
    Festivus

Tex, still being a freaking coward and ignoring my question? Pathetic.

I have no idea what quesiton you are talking about. I won't back down from an argument with anyone, anytime, or anywhere. Apparently you don't know me very well do you? So bring it on buddy. Shoot me your question, I must have missed it, if indeed you are accurate that you even asked it.

Nice. Wrong as usual, but nice. I already posted 3 times in the "One and Done" thread I believe. Each time you replied to one of my posts you conveniently ignored that part. If you don't have the ability to scroll through a thread I can't help you.