Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 229
  1. #61

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?



    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckofithaca View Post
    gonna sound absurd, but in the big picture, how much does one season of football matter in our lives?
    Well, let's see how it might have impacted Brian Billick's career. A coach with TWO SB's is almost guaranteed a ticket to the HOF. A coach with ONE SB victory...hmmmmmmmmm...

    GO RAVENS!!!




  2. #62

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Umm, the only problem there is you can't subtract Saturday from the season! McNair had a solid year but in the most important game of the season, he laid an egg, plain and simple. And I thought that's why he was brought here, to win these types of games.

    Look, I like the guy, I'm glad he's here, but even he would admit he sucked in this game, so let's stop making excuses for him.
    RACK IT!




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles,CA
    Posts
    11

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee 01 View Post
    i can't believe some of you want boller in there instead of mac 9. if we would have won the game, you'd all be calling him the savior of the team like everyone did when we were winning during the season. it's startin to sound like a redskins board in here, stop all the whinin. we lost, it sucks, but you can't put the game on one player. mcnair will be back next year and we'll have a helluva season, stop all the cryin and bitchin.
    i was thinkin the same. why would anybody on god's green earth want, boller in instead of Air McNair? yeah we blew it, but we had a great season non the less, expect steve 2 bounce back and have another solid season with the ravens.




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SW Florida (Venice area)
    Posts
    530

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by xKingLewis52x View Post
    i was thinkin the same. why would anybody on god's green earth want, boller in instead of Air McNair? yeah we blew it, but we had a great season non the less, expect steve 2 bounce back and have another solid season with the ravens.

    Read any of the 900 threads about quarterback posted on this board, or any other Ravens board to find out.

    A lot of people have a lot of reasons.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles,CA
    Posts
    11

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    Read any of the 900 threads about quarterback posted on this board, or any other Ravens board to find out.

    A lot of people have a lot of reasons.
    yeah i did, a couple of them but not all of them 2 many. lol




  6. #66

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    There were a couple of times this year that I thought KB should have been brought in -- the Thursday night Cinci game in particular -- but I did NOT think he should have been brought into the Indy game. I honestly expected SM to drive down and score a TD after he got the ball back with about 9 minutes to go and the score 6-12. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. But as far as I'm concerned, SM did earn the right to keep control of the reigns to try to win it like he'd won a lot of other games earlier this year. Despite the fact that he had a lousy game, I don't think he ought to be thrown under the bus.

    (As far as how to respond to the 7 years of "Billickball", that's another matter entirely.)

    GO RAVENS!!!




  7. #67

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    QBs have bad games. T, I think that you are more interested in feeling self-righteous (I told you so!) than winning football games.




  8. #68

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Nurse:

    T:

    A side-note on RustonRifle's post. I dunno where you got your numbers, and I only actually looked up McNair's, but his is way wrong. His '06 salary was $1MM, not $7.5MM.
    http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/Activ....aspx?id=22523

    His salary is $3MM next year, then $4MM, then $6MM the last two.

    His bonus was $11MM, for the five year deal. That's $2.2MM per year in cap hits. Next year, his cap hit will be $5.2MM, out of a cap that'll be around $105MM.

    If we cut him, we get the $3MM salary off the cap, but accelorate the entire remaining bonus amount. That's an $8.8MM cap hit. For those less mathematically inclined, it's $3.5MM more of a cap hit to cut him than to keep him.

    If you cut him after the Jun 1 (or is it July?) deadline, you get his $2.2MM cap hit this year and dump his salary, but the $6.6MM goes onto next year when you don't have him anymore. You save his $3MM salary hit this year though.

    In '08, his cap hit would be $6.2MM if we keep him, $6.6MM if we cut him, and if we cut him after the deadline we'd only have $4.4MM hit us in '09.

    That's the reality of the cap hits we take with and without McNair over the next two seasons...no spin allowed.

    My personal feelings would be that I'd hope we draft a QB (Troy Smith late in the second or third round would be nice), and keep McNair around for another year or two to groom him.

    - C -
    Don't bother trying to explain the #s to T, he either doesn't understand or simply chooses to ignore them in favor of "big impact" number like 33m.




  9. #69

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    No doubt that Mac had a bad day, but to discount the Indy D (which played great) and poor (2 fumbles?!) receiver play just shows how biased and irrational you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    QBs have bad games. T, I think that you are more interested in feeling self-righteous (I told you so!) than winning football games.
    Oh, so in this thread you agree SM had a bad day, but in the other thread you want to lay it on the Indy D and the receivers. Are you so schzo you can't make up your mind?

    GO RAVENS!!!
    Last edited by skaybaltimore; 01-18-2007 at 10:48 AM.




  10. #70

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Oh, so in this thread you agree SM had a bad day, but in the other thread you want to lay it on the Indy D and the receivers. Are you so schzo you can't make up your mind?


    It's not about making up my mind. It's about accepting that it's not an either/or situation. You and some others want to say that the problem is Billick or Mac but you seem unwilling to see that there were other problems in that game. Like the fact that normally sure handed receivers Clayton and Heap had bad days, or that the Indy D had an outstanding day, or that the breaks which had gone our way all year long went the other way.

    I am not giving Billick or Mac a pass, but some of you want to ignore the other factors because they are not convenient to your broken record arguments against Mac and Billick. THAT is irrational.




  11. #71

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post

    It's not about making up my mind. It's about accepting that it's not an either/or situation. You and some others want to say that the problem is Billick or Mac but you seem unwilling to see that there were other problems in that game. Like the fact that normally sure handed receivers Clayton and Heap had bad days, or that the Indy D had an outstanding day, or that the breaks which had gone our way all year long went the other way.

    I am not giving Billick or Mac a pass, but some of you want to ignore the other factors because they are not convenient to your broken record arguments against Mac and Billick. THAT is irrational.
    No, it's not "rational", it's rationalizing. The TWO MAIN CULPRITS in the loss are clearly McNair AND Billick. Period. Are there OTHER factors that go on in a game? OF COURSE. But they're SO FAR DOWN THE RUNG they don't even factor in, aside from some people like you using them in a lame attempt at rationalization.

    You're seriously going to level a charge at HEAP? You can't even be serious, man. You ought to be run effin out of town for such a stupid effin statement! And the same for Clayton. The onus lies squarely on McNair and Billick. Straight up; anything after that is window dressing, the proof of which is if EITHER McNAIR or BILLICK had done what they were supposed to do -- and are being paid a lot of money to do -- we would have at least MADE A COMPETITIVE GAME OUT OF IT! And because THEY didn't, WE didn't. And if you'd open your eyes, you'd see that THIS IS A PATTERN for Billick, just like it's a pattern for Schottenheimer.

    And speaking of Schottenheimer, for all of you who keep chanting the "13-3" mantra as "proof" of why it would have been a no-brainer to automatically bring him back next year, Schottenheimer was 14-2, and in THAT organization it did NOT guarantee that he'd be back! They held meetings to DISCUSS whether or not he'd be back next year. And while the desicion was made TO bring him back, it was anything BUT a gimme. So obviously, the W/L record at the end of a year DOES NOT guarantee a coach's return -- not in the real world, anyway.

    GO RAVENS!!!




  12. #72

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    No, it's not "rational", it's rationalizing. The TWO MAIN CULPRITS in the loss are clearly McNair AND Billick. Period. Are there OTHER factors that go on in a game? OF COURSE. But they're SO FAR DOWN THE RUNG they don't even factor in, aside from some people like you using them in a lame attempt at rationalization.
    LOL, so only certain factors are given credence? Thank you for proving my point Skay.

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    You're seriously going to level a charge at HEAP? You can't even be serious, man. You ought to be run effin out of town for such a stupid effin statement! And the same for Clayton. The onus lies squarely on McNair and Billick. Straight up; anything after that is window dressing, the proof of which is if EITHER McNAIR or BILLICK had done what they were supposed to do -- and are being paid a lot of money to do -- we would have at least MADE A COMPETITIVE GAME OUT OF IT! And because THEY didn't, WE didn't. And if you'd open your eyes, you'd see that THIS IS A PATTERN for Billick, just like it's a pattern for Schottenheimer.
    Please get over yourself kid and do not pressume to tell me how to be a fan.




  13. #73

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Please get over yourself kid and do not pressume to tell me how to be a fan.
    Fan? Heheheheh. Any Ravens fan willing to throw Todd Heap under the bus makes Kenskin look like a winner.



    GO RAVENS!!!




  14. #74

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post

    You're seriously going to level a charge at HEAP? You can't even be serious, man. You ought to be run effin out of town for such a stupid effin statement! And the same for Clayton. The onus lies squarely on McNair and Billick.

    GO RAVENS!!!

    I hate to piss on your parade, but McNair/Billick didn't fumble. Okay, say what you want about the gameplan/QB play, but those fumbles were not part of the gameplan, and McNair didn't fumble those balls.

    Turnovers make a "puzzling" gameplan look even worse than it was. Turnovers by other skill players make McNair's bad day even worse. I can't tell you what would've happened if Clayton/Heap didn't fumble, but you can't pin those on McNair/Billick, and those 2 turnovers contributed to half of our offense turnovers, and at least an automatic 3 points from INDY, not to mention huge momentum losses.

    Carry on...

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Fan? Heheheheh. Any Ravens fan willing to throw Todd Heap under the bus makes Kenskin look like a winner.



    GO RAVENS!!!
    So exactly what is the difference between Todd Heap and McNair/Billick? All are members of the Baltimore Ravens. No one is throwing anyone under the bus, besides maybe YOU.

    I do like the comparison to Kenskin though, because pointing out turnovers by other players really makes you less of a fan.

    Carry on...
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...




  15. #75

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Anyone calling for Boller over McNair is absolutely absurd. With McNair as our starting QB we compiled the best win-loss record in team history. While Boller is a good kid who wants to do well, he has a weak psyche who cannot perform at a high level consistently.

    People want to complain about McNair who in his first year with the Ravens and their offensive system ranked 14th among starting QBs. Let us not forget how poorly Boller ranked after his much longer tenure. For anyone to state that Boller is the better QB is, in my opinion, showing favoritism towards him.

    At the QB position, McNair gives the Ravens the best chance to win. He isn't perfect, but he is the best we have period.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland