Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

renegotiate his outlandish contract
    Do you really think McNair's contract is "outlandish"?

I've compiled some dollar figures on 2006 salaries. I used 000 in place of the hundreds part of the salary to save time.

Vick--------------23,102,000
    Hasselbeck--------19,005,000
    Brady-------------15,654,000
    Farve-------------9,500,000
    Roethlisberger----9,498,000
    Eli Manning-------9,305,000
    Brees-------------8,082,000
    Plummer-----------7,630,000
    Mcnair------------7,501,000
    Culpepper---------7,042,000
    Rivers------------6,934,000
    Collins-----------6,022,000
    Brooks------------5,750,000
    Delhomme----------5,665,000
    Carr--------------5,504,000
    Green-------------5,000,000
    Losman------------4,481,000
    Warner------------4,004,000
    Bledsoe-----------4,004,000
    McNabb------------4,001,000
    Palmer------------3,750,000
    Smith-------------3,500,000
    P.Manning---------668,000- Surely backloaded for cap relief. Incase anyone wonders where Peyton is.

If you look at the QB's that signed last season , although I would have liked to seen Mac perform better. I think the Ravens got what they paid for .
    Sometimes statistics don't complete the picture. The Ravens to a man will tell you how much Mac has meant to the team. Atleast from what I've heard.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 01-14-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Sometimes statistics don't complete the picture. The Ravens to a man will tell you how much Mac has meant to the team. Atleast from what I've heard.
    There's no doubt about this at least. I even saw McAlister with a McNair Touch of Class t-shirt on during the pre-game interviews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee 01 View Post
    i can't believe some of you want boller in there instead of mac 9. if we would have won the game, you'd all be calling him the savior of the team like everyone did when we were winning during the season. it's startin to sound like a redskins board in here, stop all the whinin. we lost, it sucks, but you can't put the game on one player. mcnair will be back next year and we'll have a helluva season, stop all the cryin and bitchin.
    Agreed...he had a shitty game. McNair gets 50% of the blame and Billick gets the other 50. He abandoned the run too early (Jamal looked pretty good last night) and fell into Indy's lap with all the passing into cover 2. If Clayton didn't drop that ball around the 20 yd line, we might not be bitching at all!

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    That's the one thing that really bugs me when people bring that up, we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder to get a first round selection. Consequently the net loss was a 2nd rounder, not a 1st and 2nd rounder as some would have you believe.
    Let it go...that was years ago. We have already absorbed that loss. Now we are going to have to absorb McNair financially. Maybe Cleveland wants him with Jamal.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Nurse:
    Which is exactly why Shanahan made the switch to Cutler, because Plummer could not get the job done when it counted
    Comparing McNair with Plummer is ridiculously stupid.

T:
    You don't like $33 million? Sorry, but that's the amount of his contract. About a $7 million cap hit. Spin it any way you want: we are stuck with his multi-million cap hit for 2007, for the NFL's 14th ranked QB.
    A side-note on RustonRifle's post. I dunno where you got your numbers, and I only actually looked up McNair's, but his is way wrong. His '06 salary was $1MM, not $7.5MM.
    http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/Activ....aspx?id=22523

His salary is $3MM next year, then $4MM, then $6MM the last two.

His bonus was $11MM, for the five year deal. That's $2.2MM per year in cap hits. Next year, his cap hit will be $5.2MM, out of a cap that'll be around $105MM.

If we cut him, we get the $3MM salary off the cap, but accelorate the entire remaining bonus amount. That's an $8.8MM cap hit. For those less mathematically inclined, it's $3.5MM more of a cap hit to cut him than to keep him.

If you cut him after the Jun 1 (or is it July?) deadline, you get his $2.2MM cap hit this year and dump his salary, but the $6.6MM goes onto next year when you don't have him anymore. You save his $3MM salary hit this year though.

In '08, his cap hit would be $6.2MM if we keep him, $6.6MM if we cut him, and if we cut him after the deadline we'd only have $4.4MM hit us in '09.

That's the reality of the cap hits we take with and without McNair over the next two seasons...no spin allowed.

My personal feelings would be that I'd hope we draft a QB (Troy Smith late in the second or third round would be nice), and keep McNair around for another year or two to groom him.

- C -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Let it go...that was years ago. We have already absorbed that loss. Now we are going to have to absorb McNair financially. Maybe Cleveland wants him with Jamal.
    I wouldn't mind that if we could do something to get JeMarcus Russell out of LSU...he will be very good for some team in the NFL!

FYI, I just looked up the salary caps:
    http://www.nflpa.org/cba/cba_pdf/Art...eam_Salary.pdf

'07 - $109MM
    '08 and beyond is unset as of now.

Keeping McNair next year, his cap his is less than 5% of our total cap space. Not a burden at all, for a QB that took us to a 13-3 record.

- C -

Comparing McNair with Plummer is ridiculously stupid.

No, I was referring to replacing Billick. We know what he offers offensively which is not enough to win in the playoffs. But having a mental midget as a QB does not help either. I do consider McNair mental midget. I cant tell you how many times this year I said, "why in the world did he throw that"? You dont see winners make those errors. Please refer to Dilfers superbowl run!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

.... your best comeback is that I have Boller as a boyfriend.
    You gotta remember T, when it comes to Boller and these guys, anything you say that doesn't call him names or talk about him like you want him dead; and you're automatically his boyfriend. It's all they have.

Listen up! McNair had a very solid regular season, but in the biggest game of the year, he came up very small. No ifs, ands or buts about it. In a playoff game, he sucked, plain and simple.

That doesn't mean I don't want him back next year, but like T has been saying all along, he's not worth the price we are paying.

PSU, I got my salary info off of Foxsports. I assumed it was yearly salary plus signing bonus.

Here it is if you or anyone else wants to look around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamSal...tegoryId=67065

George Allen's theory was that, you start the best qb you can get your hands on. Right now the Ravens have 3 options, McNair, Boller & Olsen. FA signing and/or draft is a possiblity; trade less likely.
    IMHO, McNair is our starter cuz he's the best we could get our hands on. He sure worked out better than Kerry Collins or Dante Culpepper.
    dang, I think Boller would be fine if he'd be less anxious and stop tripping twice every game. He wants it too bad, while McNair seems to sleepwalk sometimes.
    what FAs are available???