Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 229
  1. #37

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?



    .... your best comeback is that I have Boller as a boyfriend.
    You gotta remember T, when it comes to Boller and these guys, anything you say that doesn't call him names or talk about him like you want him dead; and you're automatically his boyfriend. It's all they have.




  2. #38

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Listen up! McNair had a very solid regular season, but in the biggest game of the year, he came up very small. No ifs, ands or buts about it. In a playoff game, he sucked, plain and simple.

    That doesn't mean I don't want him back next year, but like T has been saying all along, he's not worth the price we are paying.




  3. #39

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    PSU, I got my salary info off of Foxsports. I assumed it was yearly salary plus signing bonus.

    Here it is if you or anyone else wants to look around.


    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamSal...tegoryId=67065




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    George Allen's theory was that, you start the best qb you can get your hands on. Right now the Ravens have 3 options, McNair, Boller & Olsen. FA signing and/or draft is a possiblity; trade less likely.
    IMHO, McNair is our starter cuz he's the best we could get our hands on. He sure worked out better than Kerry Collins or Dante Culpepper.
    dang, I think Boller would be fine if he'd be less anxious and stop tripping twice every game. He wants it too bad, while McNair seems to sleepwalk sometimes.
    what FAs are available???




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eastern F**king Shore, MD
    Posts
    268

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    I have supported McNair all year, but he sucked balls Saturday Night.

    Of course the Team of Steve and Brian lost us the game.

    Billick was running the Offense like he expected our Defense to shut Indy out, and McNair made bad decisions at the worst times.

    I am pretty much still in shock over this.

    And with the possible exit of both AD and JO, this is a sad, sad time to be a Ravens fan




  6. #42

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    I am pretty much still in shock over this.(
    That pretty much sums up my feelings too. I can't believe we kept them out of the end zone and managed to lose. I can't believe we only scored six points. I can't believe we played what was probably our worst game of the year. Seriously, aside from the MNF game against Denver, did we play a game all year as bad as this? It wasn't all McNair's fault, but he sure picked a terribe time to have a bad game.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, Maryland
    Posts
    575

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Least we forget, Indy's defense has been built over the past few years to STOP McNair. He knew what was coming at him and I wonder how far in his head that team was. That, however does not excuse the fact that the play calling was crap and so was just about everything else on offense on Sat.

    Blech . . . . what a bummer
    Screw 'em all

    Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters




  8. #44

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    The playcalling was fine by me. I saw McNair miss Demetrius Williams wide open quite a few times. Mason once or twice, also.


    McNair was afraid to challenge them deep, for whatever reason. There were deeper routes getting run.


    McNair was locking onto primary recievers and forcing the ball there.


    If we're going to do that, put Boller in. He has the stronger arm to force things in, and overall, I think he'd want to win more.


    McNair already has his legacy. At least Boller would have been out to carve his own, good or bad.


    When I see the bears stick with Grossman and win that game, thats what I wish Baltimore would do and Baltimore fans would support.


    Grossman made his mistakes that game, but also put up points.


    I would have taken a Grossman/Boller like effort of 55% passing with 2 TDs and 2 INTs over what McNair gave us any day.


    Same reason Shanahan went with Cutler. Cutler makes the mistakes, but at elast puts up points.


    McNair's inability to throw the deep ball, or his hesistance to, is a dealbreaker for me at this point.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    The playcalling was fine by me. I saw McNair miss Demetrius Williams wide open quite a few times. Mason once or twice, also.


    McNair was afraid to challenge them deep, for whatever reason. There were deeper routes getting run.


    McNair was locking onto primary recievers and forcing the ball there.


    If we're going to do that, put Boller in. He has the stronger arm to force things in, and overall, I think he'd want to win more.


    McNair already has his legacy. At least Boller would have been out to carve his own, good or bad.


    When I see the bears stick with Grossman and win that game, thats what I wish Baltimore would do and Baltimore fans would support.


    Grossman made his mistakes that game, but also put up points.


    I would have taken a Grossman/Boller like effort of 55% passing with 2 TDs and 2 INTs over what McNair gave us any day.


    Same reason Shanahan went with Cutler. Cutler makes the mistakes, but at elast puts up points.


    McNair's inability to throw the deep ball, or his hesistance to, is a dealbreaker for me at this point.
    This is sloppy logic for two reasons.

    1. We don't have Jay Cutler. We have Kyle Boller. Boller is not a third the QB that Cutler will become.

    2. Denver made the switch and did they make the playoffs? I did not think so.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  10. #46

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Post-Billick:
    159 yds, 73.9%
    245 yds, 67.7%
    373 yds, 61.7%
    236 yds, 70.6%
    140 yds, 75.0%
    227 yds, 60.5%
    283 yds, 77.8%
    256 yds, 67.7%
    216 yds, 65.7%

    While he's been accurate once the system was changed, he's generally been pedestrian.
    It's interesting how you left out the QB ratings for those games. His rating was over 94 after the Bye. He had 11 TDs and 5 INTs after the Bye. That's certainly better than pedestrian. His yardage wasn't great during some games, but then again, they often weren't throwing the ball much in the 2nd half of some games this year (159 - NO, 140 - Pitts).

    Once he become acclimated and once Billick took over the playcalling, he played very well. Yes, he was awful on Sat, but let's not let that one game cloud our judgment.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  11. #47

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    QB ratings mean nothing...throwing a INT in Denver in the endzone means something...so does the INT Sat in the endzone while double covered....Boller gets ripped for that throw..McNair gets a pass
    McNair won more road games (6) this season than Boller has won (5) in his career.

    PP




  12. #48

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    QB ratings mean nothing...
    Yeah, you're right, that's why the NFL uses it as a stat to measure QB performance. Now, we can argue whether it is the truest measure of a QB, but it since applies to all QB, then as a point of reference, a 94 QB rating is very solid.

    Look no one is saying that he had a good game on Sat, but he DID have a good year. Period.

    BTW, you keep pointing to two INTs but those didn't happen in a vacuum. He had plenty of good play as well. Were you complaining about him then?

    ...so does the INT Sat in the endzone while double covered....Boller gets ripped for that throw..McNair gets a pass
    Hmm, I haven't seen ANYONE give him a pass for EITHER of those throws?!?!?

    I'm certainly not - he stunk on Sat - but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be back as a starter next year. It was a bad time to have a bad game - no doubt - but that doesn't change the fact that he played well over the last 2/3 of the season.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland