Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 181920

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

I seriously do not understand the favoritism for Boller over McNair. Since he was drafted I rooted in vain for Boller to lead the offense only to be disappointed. Sure it's obvious how physically talented he is, but that doesn't change the fact that he is not a leader for the offense to look to.

Now we have a leader on offense in McNair, and people on here try to claim that Boller is the better option. Based on what? A few flash in the pan outings out of roughly 40 games played? Because of arm strength? If that's all he has going for him, then McNair is still the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    hey guys, back on the forum after a good time drinking during that game.

Yeah, Grossman had a horrid second half. But really, his 1st half was fine. 6 of 8 with a TD.

I think the problem for them was, like us, and like the chiefs, and like the Patriots, they got away from the run.

That, and they couldn't stop the run.

The benson fumble and then injury really killed them.

the 2nd INT didn't help.

That said, we all know I am, and will continue to be, a Boller fan. Whether or not Steve should start or not is a moot point here. Because as soon and its football season again, I'll be supporting whoever is under center.

But I dont think competition would hurt, and I still think Boller is by far more explosive than McNair. Not as "steady" though, perhaps. But I want Heap and Mason and Clayton and Williams to be used well, whoever is the QB.

1. In the 2nd quarter he lost a fumble on the ensuing play after the defense gave him the ball at their own 43.

2. How do you figure they got away from the run? They ran the ball 19 times and threw it 28. Hell, they ran the ball on the last freakin drive of the game. And 17 of Grossman's 28 attempts came in the 4th quarter.

3. The Benson fumble and injury "killed them" and the 2nd int "didn't help".

Let's see. The Benson fumble didn't directly lead to points. It affected the field position because the Colts pinned the Bears at the 5 following the fumble. Yet Grossman throws an horrendous INT that was returned for a TD. It was the 4th quarter and the Bears were down 5. I believe THAT killed them and the Benson fumble and injury "didn't help".

The problem the Bears had was that they couldn't sustain any drives which in turn let Manning the Colts completely dominate the time of possession. (38:04 to 21:56). If Grossman could've converted some 3rd downs, it might have been a different story.

4. Would you consider Grossman more explosive than Griese? I would.

PP

Poe:

I say that the Benson fumble killed them, not because it led to any points for the colts, because it squashed any hope for anymore points for the bears.

To beat Manning, you want him to press and get out of his new dink and dunk bullshit. He never had to press this game as the score was never seemingly out of reach.

When you get that oppportunity, you have to make good.

In any case, I wasn't trying to argue over the superbowl.

On the whole I found it entertaining and am glad that it rained in a warm weather city. It shouldn't be that a city like Baltimore can't host a superbowl because of the NFL twisted desire to elminate weather from the game.

Vis and Vis Boller and McNair, now that the entire season is over and teh colts are champions, I'lll be happy to challenge for the lombardi again with the crown with whatever QB we have.

I just happen to be of the opinion that we'd be more explosive with Boller as QB. I want multi-TD passing efforts, and game where the defense can breathe easy. Other than 2 game against a bad pittsburg team, I don't think we ever got those from McNair; the other game where more attributable to defensive dominance. that, and in my heart I think Boller wins that game at home.

Its the radical opinion and I dont expect agreement on it. I'll leave it at that.

Looking forward to the draft, Free Agency, and more ravens dominance.

-CBD

I say that the Benson fumble killed them, not because it led to any points for the colts, because it squashed any hope for anymore points for the bears.
    A fumble with 3 minutes left in the 1st half that didn't lead directly to points or a horrible INT returned for a TD when you're only down by 5 in the 4th quarter. And the fumble in the 2nd quarter squashed any hope for anymore points for the Bears? They did score a FG in the 3rd quarter. Sorry, but I don't follow that at all. That INT was the nail in the coffin because the Bears were still in the game and had the ball at their own 38 with 12 minutes left in the game.

:
    Looking forward to the draft, Free Agency, and more ravens dominance.

-CBD

That much we can agree on.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 02-05-2007 at 05:25 PM.

During the season, Grossman and the Bears were perhaps the best in the league as far as explosive pass plays.

Well, we saw last night that throwing deep is not the answer to the 2 deep zone that everybody believes for some reason.

Of course you want to take shots every now and then, but that particular defense is specifically designed to take away the deep ball and force you to check down and have 10+ play drives.

Tex, chill out for a minute. I know that you can't grasp this, but I'm a Ravens fan who just had a particular opinion.

At this point, none of this is really here nor there. Regardless of any of this, right now I just miss football.

Now i get to look forward to Nascar on ESPN. Oh joy.

I find it far more interesting that the rain seemed to play to the colts and not the bears. Whodathunkit?

> Putting Boller in the game against a playoff team is like throwing
    > Christians to the Lions!

It took you five and a half months to come up with THAT?!

I can't believe I clicked 'view post'. Dammit.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

LOL, I then picked that hammer up and whacked myself with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Boller would have done his usual panic, bumble, stumble, fall down. Some of you people who think otherwise must forget how terrible he looked in that home game he started the year before where he got hurt. He managed to lead the team to a couple missed field goals. Big deal. He looked as clueless in that game as he does in any game against a playoff level team. Putting Boller in the game against a playoff team is like throwing Christians to the Lions! Dream on!:insane:
    Are you forgetting that "THAT" team that Boller was hurt against WAS the Colts- who if I'm not mistaken, were a solid playoff team. He lead some solid drives and yeah, missed field goals. What did our offense do against the Colts in our last playoff game? I can't even believe you are bringing up old garbage like that..
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Great and fine, but who is this McNair person? And wow, you dug deep into the archives to resurrect these old bones. :)
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!