Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    LOL. You're one of the leaders of the pack, asshole. Your posts are not only misinformed when it comes to football reality, but the way you express them isn't even worth the bandwidth it takes to post them.
    *Sigh*. I don't mind being corrected, I *want* people to correct me. Like you, I just hope for good manners.

Go ahead and take the last word, I'm giving up.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The amount of negative lobbying by posters against Steve McNair is ridiculous. It has been obvious to everyone in Baltimore and the nation that McNair is perhaps the biggest contributor to the Ravens' success. He brought leadership and ability to a position that was not producing with Kyle Boller. Granted, football is the ultimate team game where no single person can win a game on his own. That being said, McNair did the best job by any QB since Brian Billick has been the head coach.

Kyle Boller has been a disappointment for the Ravens and to their fans. With the exception of several spectacular games, Kyle Boller has never shown the consistent ability to be a leader or difference maker for the Ravens. If Boller is the better QB, he will start next year over McNair. But I doubt he possesses the gamesmanship to out compete McNair. Not many QBs do.

LOL. You're one of the leaders of the pack, asshole. Your posts are not only misinformed when it comes to football reality, but the way you express them isn't even worth the bandwidth it takes to post them.

GO RAVENS!!!
    skay, you're another dumbass who thinks he's a badass on the boards. OHHHH, I'm NOT scared. Thinks he knows everything. We should all have HIS oppionion, and if you don't your wrong! Go fuck yourself, skay.

Remember folks the ignore button is your friend!!!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Fuck your condescending label fuckwad. You're the most condescending mother fucker I've ever met. And yeah...I DO call fucking assholes fucking assholes straight up, while others might be more diplomatic. But I've seen enough posts here -- AND at YBR -- to see that at least there people can get different points of view across with some semblance of civility. Here, it's a fucking zoo.

GO RAVENS!!!

Awesome.

Mobtown, please take that picture of me out of that post.:)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No, no, no, no, no.

I've acknowledge McNair as part of this team. It's this bullshit of McNair being the sole reason this team is 13-5 when it is an outright lie.

And if you don't see it, you're not reading. Let me quote FTB again for you:

"And for the record, McNair is not just a catalyst for the 13-4 record, but the catalyst. He is the single biggest reason you even had a team to cheer for last week."

"...Steve McNair, who has taken the Ravens to a 13-4 record ...."
    McNair was the biggest change our team made from a year ago. Suddenly when we signed McNair, the defense and the offensive line got magically better. And I firmly believe they got better because they knew their efforts would be rewarded with victories when they replaced Kyle Boller with a real quarterback.

Suddenly when we signed McNair, the defense and the offensive line got magically better.
    Really? The offensive line magically improved once McNair got here?

This year under Fassell McNair was getting sacked every 16.5 attempts (10 sacks, 165 attempts).
    Boller got sacked twice in 31 attempts, or every 15.5 attempts.

Now under Billick, McNair has been sacked every 56.5 attempts (4 sacks, 227 attempts)
    Boller has been sacked once in 24 attempts.

I want to know Fade. Did your gut tell you that the offensive line got better at pass blocking or was it just a wild guess?

I really didn't mean to shoot more holes in you're argument, but honestly it's really easy and really fun.

And I firmly believe they got better because they knew their efforts would be rewarded with victories when they replaced Kyle Boller with a real quarterback.
    And I firmly believe that I have the talent to win Dancing With the Stars. Guess what.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Now under Billick, McNair has been sacked every 56.5 attempts (4 sacks, 227 attempts)
    Boller has been sacked once in 24 attempts.
    Haven't taken a stats course, have you?

Ever heard of "margin of error"?

Yeah.

Sure, but those stats are pretty much all we have to go on.

Ever heard of looking at the whole post? Care to tell me when the sacks started going down for McNair?

Here's a hint.
    Don't bother asking your gut. It's even dumber than you are.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Here's a hint.
    Don't bother asking your gut. It's even dumber than you are.
    Is it your time of the month, darb?
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Nah, I just have very little respect for hypocrites.
    ProFootballMock

??? I thought you were on my ignore list. ???

I'll answer your question if you can answer mine. When have I ever said Boller will be a good/great QB?

And just because I love proving how little you know in every one of these little talks, in regards to the whole "accuracy flaw, mastered blah blah blah "statement, you want to take a wild guess at what McSaviors completion percentage was after his first (roughly) 1,000 pass attempts?

Little hint for ya Skippy. Bollers is 3 tenths of a percentage lower.

Before you attempt to have a serious conversation with me, remember to be able to back up all your statements with facts. Thanks.
    ProFootballMock