Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Jim Fassell used Mike Anderson plenty. We looked a lot better on offense after BB took over.
    Whatever, man.

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    And you're right -- I do NOT agree that BB had a great entire season. I think he didn't do SHIT to properly prepare our team -- physically OR mentally -- against Cinci IN Cinci -- OR make ANY necessary adjustments at half time.
    The team had a 13-3 regular season record, and was 9-1 after Billick took over as OC. But I'm sure you're right, that Thursday night game in Cincy made Billick a failure this year.

Look, we get it, you hate Billick and want him gone. You've mentioned it in just about every thread the past week. Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    The team had a 13-3 regular season record, and was 9-1 after Billick took over as OC. But I'm sure you're right, that Thursday night game in Cincy made Billick a failure this year.

Look, we get it, you hate Billick and want him gone. You've mentioned it in just about every thread the past week. Give it a rest.
    And you've made it yoru business to hunt down every one of my posts and comment on them. So why don't YOU give it a rest?

GO RAVENS!!!

How anyone can point blame anywhere other than McNair is a little astounding to me. For the last 3 years Boller has been blamed for every possible thing wrong on this team, offensively and defensively. McNair plays a game akin to some of Boller's worst performances and some people are blaming the coaching?

In a game where McNair just had to squeeze out 16 points he puts up a horrible performance. Wasn't he supposed to be the veteran leader to win just this type of game?

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    And you've made it yoru business to hunt down every one of my posts and comment on them. So why don't YOU give it a rest?
    I don't know who you are confusing me with, but I can assure you that I have not hunted down every one of your posts and commented on them. Since they're pretty much all the same, there wouldn't be much point.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    How anyone can point blame anywhere other than McNair is a little astounding to me. For the last 3 years Boller has been blamed for every possible thing wrong on this team, offensively and defensively. McNair plays a game akin to some of Boller's worst performances and some people are blaming the coaching?

In a game where McNair just had to squeeze out 16 points he puts up a horrible performance. Wasn't he supposed to be the veteran leader to win just this type of game?
    They BOTH sucked. But was McNair calling his own plays in the second half? If not, how can you NOT see that the onus falls on the person calling in the plays? The running game was FINALLY working in the first half. Jamal actually looked GREAT on some runs and on some short passes out of the backfield. So to get away from that success almost totally is whose fault, in your opinion?

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't know who you are confusing me with, but I can assure you that I have not hunted down every one of your posts and commented on them. Since they're pretty much all the same, there wouldn't be much point.
    The title of this thread is: "REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game). What part of that are you unclear about? If you DON'T feel that Billick is responsible for coming up with a lousy game plan, then put up your points for what he did great in the game. If not, STFU when people point out what he DID do wrong.

GO RAVENS!!!

Angry Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

I tend to agree w/ SKAY and TL on who to blame for the loss. I've stated my reasons clearly all over this thread. I have said this for years now and I still believe it: The Ravens will NEVER win another SB w/ Billick as coach UNLESS he changes the "play not to lose" mentality. I think there are several other NFL coaches that would have won us that game...even trailing
    9-3 at half.

Isn't one of the main reasons we brought in Steve McNair was for a situation like the end of the 1st half? Isn't a veteran QB, former MVP, made it to the Superbowl type of guy supposed to be able to lead a team on a scoring drive w/ 2 TOs left? That was the VERY DEFINITION of why we replaced Boller...for crucial spots like that where you have a chance to turn the momentum of the game.

What does Billick do....he makes NO attempt to score. I wouldn't want to play for a coach like that.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    What does Billick do....he makes NO attempt to score. I wouldn't want to play for a coach like that.
    FM
    Once again, the key point being made is TRYING. No one is criticizing Billick JUST FOR THE LOSS ALONE. Losing happens, and most people, painful as it is, can accept that. It's the WAY we lost -- examples already noted abundantly in this thread and others -- that are being hurled back at BB, because that's where they came from. A perfect example being NOT trying to get at least a FG before the half, coupled with the fact that this is NOT the first time BB has done this -- IT'S PART OF HIS PHILOSOPHY, and while in the past Billick supporters said: "Well, but we WON THE GAME ANYWAY, DIDN'T WE? ENJOY THAT, AND STOP CRITICIZING BB", this time WE DIDN'T WIN, and his bonehead ineptitude at basic clock management skills, and inability to know when to TURN IT ON AND GO FOR IT is nauseating. And even MORE nauseating are the attempts to try to justify what he did.

He CRIPPLES our offense, and, looking back, he's ALWAYS done that. And that's why I've voiced my opinion that he needs to go. I wholeheartedly agree with FM that we will NOT win another SB with BB at the reigns of the offense. He has his shot to give full control of the offense over to RN -- without conditions -- and his control freak nature wouldn't allow it. I have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach now that I did after the first "three and out" series in the Indy game. ALOT of energy will be invested over the course of the next 7 months by a LOT of Ravens fans, only to be Billickballed/shot down in flames once again.

GO RAVENS!!!