Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

I think BB had a good year, but I don't know what the hell he did for 2 weeks. Like BS posted on another thread, 5 yard routes on 3rd and 7(That's old school Ravens) and continuous play action when we are not even running the ball well. Play action fooled no one.

To top it off, the protection was shaky-A nd when #9 did have a lane, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

btw- The few successes he did have, was out of the pocket. Did we call more roll outs? No. The only time he moved out of the pocket was when he was chased.

Top that off with TO's(The one on the GL was a back breaker), BAD st's(Ross looks like a Moose), a defense that could not get off the field despite the valiant effort- and you have a butt kicking.

Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

I couldn't believe with 1 minute to go in the half BB decided to sit on the ball and just run out the clock. That was just unbelievable. Did he have that little confidence in his offense to get downfield and at least go into the half with a field goal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I couldn't believe with 1 minute to go in the half BB decided to sit on the ball and just run out the clock. That was just unbelievable. Did he have that little confidence in his offense to get downfield and at least go into the half with a field goal?

Frankly, no. McNair was showing that he had no confidence in his own passing. The last thing we needed at that stage was for him to throw another interception and give the Colts not only the ball, but a huge boost to their confidence and momemtum. McNair was the Denver game McNair today. What a time to revert to that!

4. Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

It's Ripkens fault

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    It's Ripkens fault
    I thought he was kidding, but look at the stats:
    RAVENS PLAYOFF RECORD WITHOUT CAL RIPKEN: 5-2
    RAVENS PLAYOFF RECORD WITH CAL RIPKEN: 0-1
    The numbers don't lie!!!

6. Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I thought he was kidding, but look at the stats:
    RAVENS PLAYOFF RECORD WITHOUT CAL RIPKEN: 5-2
    RAVENS PLAYOFF RECORD WITH CAL RIPKEN: 0-1
    The numbers don't lie!!!
    Thanks for getting my back sailorsam

7. Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

I just talked to someone who attended the game and was trying to get some idea of what really happened because its so hard to tell on TV. My question related directly to what you're saying. I asked if our receivers were open downfield or they were covered.

He told me that the crowd was getting antsy because our guys were open downfield on a regular basis! So, it looks like what you're saying about McNair's confidence may be true. All I can say is tht on TV he looked confused.

Angry Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

this loss is ALL on Billick. He had 2 weeks to prep for this game and still had no idea how to exploit the Cover 2 def. They played not to lose, like he wanted a 10-7 game.....give me a FRIGGIN break.

Man I wish he had been fired last year.

FM

9. Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    this loss is ALL on Billick. He had 2 weeks to prep for this game and still had no idea how to exploit the Cover 2 def. They played not to lose, like he wanted a 10-7 game.....give me a FRIGGIN break.

Man I wish he had been fired last year.

FM
    You're a FREGGIN' NUT BAG!:insane: McNair"s decisions cost us the game!

I understand your reasoning for blaming McNair, but I disagree.

1. We didn't run the ball enough
    2. We didn't spread the defense
    3. We didn't stretch the field
    4. The play calling in the red zone was atrocious
    5. How many times was Dem Williams on the field....like 2?
    6. The whole game plan was crap
    7. Killing the clock at the half was a complete embarrassment

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I understand your reasoning for blaming McNair, but I disagree.

1. We didn't run the ball enough
    2. We didn't spread the defense
    3. We didn't stretch the field
    4. The play calling in the red zone was atrocious
    5. How many times was Dem Williams on the field....like 2?
    6. The whole game plan was crap
    7. Killing the clock at the half was a complete embarrassment

FM
    I am sick and tired of hearing this crap about killing the clock at the end of the half. It is real easy in the cheap seats to second guess that decision, but it made a lot of sense.

There was about one minute left and the Colts had 2 time outs. If we start throwing the ball, we keep the clock from moving and, unless we get a first down, punt it away with appx. 40 seconds (or whatever) left to a Colts team with 2 time outs and a dangerous passing game. Plus to open the 2d half the Colts would get the ball.

Was it conservative? Yes. Did the fans like it? No. But neither of those things means it was wrong, and I personally think it's just goofy to suggest anyone playing or coaching for the Ravens doesn't want to WIN.

Concerning the play calling in the red zone being atrocious - If McNair hit Demetrius Williams for a td, instead of missing Heap for a pick on the exact same play, would that still be atrocious play calling?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Concerning the play calling in the red zone being atrocious - If McNair hit Demetrius Williams for a td, instead of missing Heap for a pick on the exact same play, would that still be atrocious play calling?
    No, that would not have been atrocious, but McNair was locked onto Heap as soon as he got the ball. He didn't even look at D Will. When the Ravens called TO before that play, the play I called for was the QB Draw. Spread them out & let Steve take it right up the middle. Call his own number, keep it on the ground, if it doesn't work, kick the FG.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!