Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

whom to blame for the loss?
    1) McNair. made no plays, didn't look sharp, some pics.
    2) O Line. average running holes, some protection breakdowns.
    3) Jamal. has lost a step.
    4) Coach Billick as OC. uninspired game plan, never got a rhythm.

or was the Indy defense that good?

2. Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post

i think its a combonation of both. the colts D played well, but the ravens offense had some opportunities they didnt seize also.

Re: REASONS FOR THE LOSS (AKA, the Blame Game)

1. Agreed.
    2. Maybe. McNair seemed to have some time.
    3. Yes.
    4. I don't think we banged it between the tackles as often as I would have liked. Still it's hard to blame the coach when we had 4 turnovers. If McNair throws a touchdown pass instead of a pick at the 1 and we play field position the rest of the game, or if Ray doesn't tip those balls and we get 2 more picks. . . Seems like a lot of little things having to do with bounced balls, bad calls, and execution on offense. I know a lot of people like to blame the coaches but I didn't see anything suggesting that's fair.

**sigh**
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

On the O-line, the running holes were average, but they have been all year. The pass pro I thought was good tbh, as good as can be expected against as aggressive a pass rush as the Colts have. Our pass pro was pretty much 100% worse than that the last two times we've played them in my opinion.

It was the totally the offense. The defense played their butts off...not giving up a TD to the Colts is a huge feat.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

1. I agree that McNair had a terrible game.

2. The Colts D had a good game.

3. The OL was not the problem. The problem is that we need to address our RB via the draft. I think Jamal should come back, but in a Bettis or Corey Dillon type role, along with a young back that we draft.

4. We really miss BJ Sams and the field position he gave us this season.

5. My biggest pet-peve with this darn game is Brian "Marty-Ball" Billick. WTF happened at the end of the first half when we had one minute left, and all of our timeouts, to at least take a shot down the field. I think Steve Biscotti ought to hold off on giving Billick an extension, because this system is not working.

Sure we went 13-3, but next season brings a new unknown. The Steelers went from SB champs to 8-8. The Bengals went from AFC North Champs to 8-8. The Seahawks went from a SB trip to barely surviving in the playoffs this year.

You don't know what each season will bring, and especially with a aging ballclub such as ours.

We had a golden opportunity and this was a winnable game. Had we gone for it and failed at the end of the first half, I would have said, well at least we tried and it did not work. No, we went ultraconservative and did not even try. That crap may not work next season against a retooled Steelers, and young and still talented Bengals team, and an unknown in the Stains. We are a talented team, but only as good as the coaching allows, and only as good as what we do in clutch situations.

I am not saying that Billick should be fired, but he definitely still needs to work for his extension.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

> I am not saying that Billick should be fired, but he
    > definitely still needs to work for his extension.
    I think it's kind of harsh after the turnaround this year and the success he had as OC to throw him under the bus for a game where the O had 4 turnovers and couldn't run or pass.

My 2c. I know the radio will be non-stop with people calling for Billick's head, but there were lots of little things in this game - bad calls, poor execution - that were *clearly* not the fault of BB the coach or BB the OC.

He did enough this year for the extension. He should get it soon so we have some stability.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I think cutting Billick off would be a dreadful thing to do and Bisciotti is smart enough to know that, he stuck with Billick last year and was rewarded with a 13-3 season, no way we say thanks but no thanks after this season. Keep the continuity continue the building process and this team will stay near the top, emotions are bound to come out in the wake of this game it's inevitable, leveller heads will prevail though and when things calm down in a few weeks time we'll realise that in spite of the dissapointment we should still be in a good position to build with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    emotions are bound to come out in the wake of this game it's inevitable, leveller heads will prevail
    the level heads can wait. right now I want to VENT!!!:grbac:

the level heads can wait. right now I want to VENT!!!:grbac:
    Precisement, and I wouldn't want anyone to not vent, we've just lost in the playoffs, our season is over, I'll be in the mood for venting at some point (just too numb right now), but I'm just glad we've got the level heads in the FO who can right this ship if it starts to rock in the wake of this pretty crushing defeat.

Ahh, the bi-polarism of Raven fans. A eek ago BB was the savior. He can have off games too - though what a terrible time to have one.

Better idea: Get as many more high-caliber O lineman as we can find, and draft a good FAST back to replace Jamal.

I liked Addai before the draft and still do. sigh...
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Things the Ravens need:
    1: Something offensively in the gameplan to change. Preferably an OC who is allowed to implement an entirely different offense.
    2: A little bit more in the OL.
    3: A versatile RB that hits holes hard.
    4: True QB of the future
    5: A CB to replace Rolle.

Most of these things really aren't that hard.