Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: It's official - Anita Marks stays

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    Always a weak point with any call-in show when the host talks over the caller a minute into his/her point.

WNST at least tries to let the caller talk first. Unfortunately Nestor is the worst at this. He is always talking way too much and often cuts off the caller while they try and speak.

But, Marks staying makes little sense. I wouldn't care if she were controversial if she actually knew something about what she was talking about.
    I am not a fan of Anita, but I think she let's the callers get their say even when they are ripping her. She has 3 problems lack of local knowledge and blind loyalty to the players she likes. The third is that she loves to stir it up, muck like the resident Sun hack, Mike Preston.
    As for Nestor, he is the absolute worst interviewer and host that I have ever heard. He will ask a 5 minute rambling question, that always includes his view and then cuts off the guests answer, so he can talk some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    As for Nestor, he is the absolute worst interviewer and host that I have ever heard. He will ask a 5 minute rambling question, that always includes his view and then cuts off the guests answer, so he can talk some more.
    On the one hand, on the other hand, he often talks to them about the kinds of things they would never be discussing when interviewed by others. His questions ramble, but they are also oftentimes very detailed; I like his long interviews. His short ones don't seem to accomplish anything, though, for the reasons you give.

But his pieces with Art Modell and Cal Ripken were both excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Had the misfortune of hearing her on the radio when I was over in December, by god how did she get the job in the first place?
    'Nuff said.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    You guys bitch about her so much. It's very simple. Don't like her? Don't listen!
    I tuned my speakers so that I only hear Scott and the callers. The rest of the time I hear nothing. It's a great thing! LOL.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    ..........She's hot.........
    Oh please!!!!!!
    I'm lucky that I Don't have a chance to hear her due to working nights, BUT I've seen her TV ads and I'm sorry, she is boarderline attractive and it dosen't take a fortune teller to see exactly how she'll age over the next 5-10 years.
    Sorry, she's kinda spooky for me...great hair though, back in 1978

Sorry Ravenous but we're gonna have to disagree here.

I found a thread about women sportscasters over on the FHM website.The thread turns to Anita about half way down. The best quote though was, "yeah, pretty much a man with a woman's chesticles right there"

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DN
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDAROW View Post
    Oh please!!!!!!
    I'm lucky that I Don't have a chance to hear her due to working nights, BUT I've seen her TV ads and I'm sorry, she is boarderline attractive and it dosen't take a fortune teller to see exactly how she'll age over the next 5-10 years.
    Sorry, she's kinda spooky for me...great hair though, back in 1978
    You dont grasp sarcasm well, do you?

I dont think R52 was jocking her.

•Anita Marks is staying on the air in Baltimore for another year. On Wednesday, she signed a new one-year contract to remain at 105.7 The Fan, even though she had an offer to return to her native Miami area for a radio job, Marks said yesterday.

"I had some other offers, but after it was all said and done, CBS Radio made it clear they wanted me to be part of the future," Marks said. "... They made me feel very wanted, very needed. That was probably the one thing that put me over the top."

I'm not sure that a ONE YEAR DEAL is a hint that they want you to be part of the future....Ugh, puh-leeze LEAVE!!!

CBS propped her up w/ Garceau. Her ratings are really HIS ratings. What they don't realize is that when she opens her mouth, most people tune out.

She would be gone if Scott was not there. And she will be gone in time...she is horrible and has been since day one.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You dont grasp sarcasm well, do you?

I dont think R52 was jocking her.
    Ya know, on second thought, in daylight, sober, and considering that I've met R52 several times and found him to be way to smart and classy to be "jocking" her, I'll agree with you wholeheartedly! I've heard others gush on about how "Hot" she was and forgot to consider where this one was comming from. I stand corrected BUT I do stand by the rest of my statements.

IAnita.

End of Story.

I hope she's around this town as long as Vince Bagley!:happyanim

Guys, I write for the Examiner and have an article up about her returning. It really is a sad state of affairs. They could pick almost anyone up off this forum to fill her spot and it would be a tremendous upgrade for the show.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1089-Balti...ltimore-groans

Quote Originally Posted by sdeclue View Post
    Guys, I write for the Examiner and have an article up about her returning. It really is a sad state of affairs. They could pick almost anyone up off this forum to fill her spot and it would be a tremendous upgrade for the show.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1089-Balti...ltimore-groans
    Great article!!