Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

respect for Flacco

with all the media and the internet the one thing I didnt know was that Flacco was 24. Not 21- 22 like most rookies. that is at least some explaination why he did decently his 1st year. He was a little more mature. Not bad for a guy from a 1 aa scholl.

yet, he was still a rookie and at some point that had to matter against being successfull. I dont hate rookies or the Ravens. I just know that numbers dont lie and things have to develop for things to improve and take a certain place.

and like I said , parity plays a part in lesser talent doing well. The amount of Ravens wins this year with mostly just defense says to me the rest of the league wasnt that strong. and Flacco isnt use to playing this many games, doesnt know the playbook etc. The Steelers had more weapons on offense, already beat the Ravens twice and were at home. I have favorite teams I root for but again, more often than not, numbers dont lie. and by numbers I mean what you research on -rivals.com - etc. not what media tells you. The Ravens got 15 more points than I said they would but I was only 4 off of the Steelers.

I cant predict the future. I am just saying I knew the Steelers had an offense and the Ravens didnt. This is nothing for you to take personal. its just football fan chatter.

Lets see how he -Flacco- develops as your defense will have to go through a transition the next year or 2.

see you guys next summer...- you need Ravens smileys

Re: respect for Flacco

Didnt the ravens had a better offense then the steelers in the regular season...
    Oh wait thats right numbers dont lie...
    Baltimores Total Offense-18
    Steelers-22nd

Flacco's QB Rating was better then Bens

Seriously dude research your numbers before you post

Quote Originally Posted by Aces2Bluff View Post
    Didnt the ravens had a better offense then the steelers in the regular season...
    Oh wait thats right numbers dont lie...
    Baltimores Total Offense-18
    Steelers-22nd

Flacco's QB Rating was better then Bens

Seriously dude research your numbers before you post
    LOL you just dont get it do you. the whole deal- the records and ratings of the teams they played- the match ups etc.
    Flacco didnt throw as much as Roth. being 4 spots away in the nfl is the matter of a few yrds. you have to be more savvy than just basic looks at numbers.

Says the guy who says in the original post
    "I just know that numbers dont lie and things have to develop for things to improve and take a certain place."
    If you really want I can break down individually stats and scenarios and give a case for Baltimore having a better offense.

then follow it up with Ben had more throwing attempts.... yea by 41... really if your gonna say 4 spots arent a huge deal, im going to say that 41 attempts arent either.

Seriously dude...

I give respect to the Steelers for their win and say they earned it last night, but there is no way in hell I will say that there offense is better.

EDIT* You know what Im bored and im drunk so I might as well throw some numbers out:

Ben Rothlesberger QB Rating against teams with winning records outside of the division:
    QB Rating: 80.9,59,75.2,38.5,50.6,96.4,86.4
    Average Rating=69.57

Joe Flacco QB Rating against teams with winning records outside of the divison
    Joe Flacco-96.9,120.2,58.1,95.5,50.4
    Average Rating=84.22

Willie Parker
    3.75 ypc 5 Td's, 0 td's when behind in a game
    Le'Ron McClain
    3.9 ypc 10 td's 4 td's when behind in a game

Ill add more when I feel your worth the effort
    Last edited by Aces2Bluff; 01-19-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces2Bluff View Post
    Says the guy who says in the original post

If you really want I can break down individually stats and scenarios and give a case for Baltimore having a better offense.

then follow it up with Ben had more throwing attempts.... yea by 41... really if your gonna say 4 spots arent a huge deal, im going to say that 41 attempts arent either.

Seriously dude...

I give respect to the Steelers for their win and say they earned it last night, but there is no way in hell I will say that there offense is better.
    41 says alot by the things that happened on those throws. the Pitt off- was obviously more productive , when it needed to be. no ones attacking you personally , take it easy. I compliment Flacco and you still need to type a negative hissy fit...? take it easy, man.

Ben is a better improvisational QB than Flacco at this point. Some of those schoolyard throws he made were great, some catches were pure luck. But, luck is part of the game.

Flacco can only get better with time and seasoning. He got a lot of great experience this year, and being in 3 playoff games and winning 2 will pay dividends...hopefully next year.

Yes, by the numbers the Ravens had a better offense this year. But Ben is the better QB at this stage. I dare say that had the Ravens not had to play an extra playoff game, had McClain been able to go 100% and had we been at home, the result may have been reversed. Who knows.

These two teams are very evenly matched and I expect that to be the case for a while.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Erm, Pitt's offense scored 2 more points than Baltimore's. Excuse me while I ignore this "they have an offense" BS

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    the one thing I didnt know was that Flacco was 24. Not 21- 22 like most rookies
    Joe turned 24 this past Friday, before the Steelers game. He was 23 during the reg season.

I dont take it personal....

I just dont see how they had a better offense....

You opened it up with "numbers don't lie" yada yada. So when presented with numbers you backpeddal. Here are more numbers: 24.1 (Ravens) vs 21.7 ppg.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Joe turned 24 this past Friday, before the Steelers game. He was 23 during the reg season.
    in sports that makes a big differance

Numbers don't lie unless of course they are being thrown back at you, huh?

Go away troll...