Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ray Lewis

Re: Ray Lewis

good lord some of you overreact. i watched post game and saw flacco and suggs, etc. and i was expecting to see Ray, the face of the team, the leader. I was suprised not to see him. i think it is bs, as he would have been at the podium if we won talking about going back to tampa. sorry i brought up the topic on a messageboard.

2. Re: Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    good lord some of you overreact. i watched post game and saw flacco and suggs, etc. and i was expecting to see Ray, the face of the team, the leader. I was suprised not to see him. i think it is bs, as he would have been at the podium if we won talking about going back to tampa. sorry i brought up the topic on a messageboard.
    It was a legitimate question, duece it's just the way you put it and the way you attacked the man....I was looking forward to hearing from Ray too, but I wouldn't want to see him crying or saying something that he'd regret...When you play with such passion as Ray does, it takes quite a while to come down from that level...It was a good question

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    i think it is this comment: that is bullshit. man up Ray. that is causing the reaction. Many believe Ray has done his share of "manning up" in the past 13 years. to suggest he is not manning up because he avoided the podium is, in my opinion, overreacting. That and any time ravindonnie exposes his backwards ways of thinking, you are probably likely to encounter some reactions.

got it, wasnt meant as an attack on ray, just disapointment, to go along with the much bigger disapointment of the season ending. and i guess those saying he was upset and emotional, and didnt want to be that way in public is reasonable.

5. Re: Ray Lewis

Forget why he didn't say anything i want to know what ozzie is doing to resign him
    Band of Brothers

He is Ray Lewis and he can talk or not talk when ever the Hell he want in this Ravens Fans opinion !!

I just want him to stay a Raven !!! Something about the hearing Todd Heap tackled for a loss on the Dallas 49 by Ray Lewis would not sit right in my mind !!!

Keep Ray !!!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

If one doesn't know that Ray Lewis is "Mr. Raven", one has his head in the wrong place. This guy epitomizes the "star" football player, as far as I am concerned.

It would be wise for those of you who are bashing him for not speaking to the press after the game to remember that this is the ONE PLAYER to give his all, every game he plays. What more can you ask of an individual? When you combine his skills and his mad desire to give his all, you have to respect him above all else. It does not mean a damn thing if he chooses not to comment to the press after the game.

Ray is Mr. Raven. That should be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    If Ray wants to be paid like the face of the franchise he needs to act like it. You think anyone wanted to talk to the press after the game last night? They did it because it's part of their job. But once again Ray does whatever Ray wants when he wants to.
    I'm not going to get on here and bash Ray Lewis for this. I can empathize with where he was coming from to an extent and who knows what reasons he may have for not wanting to speak aside from the obvious.

That said, a part of me does agree that the leader and heart of the franchise should try to take just a few minutes to address the media- and not for the media- who can very well have their own agenda (because questions about his whereabouts nest season would have been a pain- but he could just say I'm not going to talk about that now")- but for the fans. This may sound selfish- but as a fan- I take solace in seeing and hearing my favorite players show the same emotions I'm feeling.. almost like a sense of closure. As a fan I want to hear him come out and say, "You know what man, this team is a band of brothers... the fans that came out were great..." bla bla bla... At the end of the day- when these guys get over the loss- they go back to their incredibly wealthy, generally carefree lives.

To most fans however- these games were like an escape from the reality of one of the most depressing times in the history of America. With all that is going wrong int he world and country- escaping away to a ravens game on Sundays has been something I look forward to every week- the past month or so of which being filled with decreased focus during the week as I caught every interview or news report I could about the team. So all that said- I really did want to hear the man whose jersey I wore every Sunday speak one final time before admitting to myself that the ride is over.

Side note... all day I've been walking around with the feeling as if my girlfriend just broke up with me and left me for my arch enemy. It's a sickening feeling (even on the golf course on a sunny 80 degree Southern California day ;))... and one that as weird as it sounds- would be helped along by hearing the man speak. The only reason I actually cam eon here (went to baltimoresun.com first)- was to see if i could find anything about Ray... guess no luck though....

just my two cents... I don't hold it against him... and I sure as hell hope he doesn't seriously consider leaving for the Cowboys... Mark Teixeira aside- if any man would give even the slightest of "hometown" discount, I would hope it would be him....ESPECIALLY with a new d coordinator coming in...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Atari View Post
    Probably the dumbest thing in professional sports today is the post game interview in the locker room. A player says something off the Cuff after a tough emotional loss and its played over and over and over and over. I remember Ray made a comment a few seasons back that many took out of context as a jab at Billick. Other quotes have been taken out of context as jabs at the offense. I think Ray has learned it is better to say nothing. Of course after an emotional Loss you do get gems from coaches like "They are who we thought they were" but most of the time its crazy to parade these folks at their lowest point in front of the cameras and you really don't get much most of the time. It's just BS as usual.
    now there's a great point!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Having had a player like Ray Lewis on our team for 13 consecutive years and the awesome defenses he has lead each year and only coming away with one Super Bowl win during that time span is almost criminal neglegence on the part of the offenses we've fielded.

I'm sure that point isn't lost on Ray and Co.

All I could do at the conclusion of the game was replay all the opportunities the Ravens have squandered over the years by not supporting the defense with an offense that can consistently pull it's own weight.

That said, we're closer than we've been since the Ravens arrived, though so I'm hoping a few key offensive additions can put us over the top. Joe Flacco is our key ingredient and if we can give him the targets, I'm confident he can get the job done.