Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcgahee

Blog Entries

Re: Mcgahee

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    That hit was as cheap as it gets. There is no excuse for any defender going at a recievers head. Many helmet to helmet blows are incidental but in this case Clark chose to spear WMs facemask with the crown of his helmet and should be suspended and fined . Big hits and great defense are fun to watch, cheap shots aren't no matter if it comes from the opposing team or the men in purple.
    See my link above......I personally don't think he tried to "spear" him or lead with his head. Clark was trying to turn his body and lead with his shoulder when McGahee ended up bracing for the hit by ducking, which in turn lowered his helmet. It was a bang-bang play and neither guy had much time to do anything....

I have to agree with you jaydee. I think it was clean. This is football and these are the two most physical teams we are talking about.

The part I have a problem with is after Sweed hits Ivey, and its clear that he's out, Sweed flexed and that pussy, Ward, comes out to pat him on the back. That just shows no class.

That hit was just brutal. I definetly see he tuck in his arms and lead with his helmet into Mcgahee's. But nothing was done on the field so it's over now.

Yea Ward pissed me off so bad getting all jacked up after a guy is clearly knocked out. I wish Wards whole knee would of snapped in half....I'm just saying...

4. Re: Mcgahee

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

Yea Ward pissed me off so bad getting all jacked up after a guy is clearly knocked out. I wish Wards whole knee would of snapped in half....I'm just saying...
    Now that's just not right

Here is a nicely timed shot of the impact. You can see his feet are on the ground and he is leading with his shoulder. I'm pretty sure it became helmet to helmet because McGahee ducked down to brace for contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmember View Post

Here is a nicely timed shot of the impact. You can see his feet are on the ground and he is leading with his shoulder. I'm pretty sure it became helmet to helmet because McGahee ducked down to brace for contact.
    Great still shot there.

It won't convince the people with blinders on but it's pretty indisputable IMO.

PP

The picture you have posted is about half a second after the actual impact, with McGahee's body already being rocked backwards from the initial helmet contact.

And to the poster who said that there'd be no complaints if the situation were reversed, you're dead wrong. I would never want to see a Raven tense his body up and spear an opponent with his helmet like that. Never.

Here's a better picture of the ACTUAL impact, not its aftermath:

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Here's a better picture of the ACTUAL impact, not its aftermath:

Good angle of the cheapshot but not the most telling.

The last angle CBS showed yesterday clearly showed the crown of the clarks helmet to WMs front/side of his helmet.

Cue someone telling you not to believe what your lying eyes are telling you in 4....3....2....

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Good angle of the cheapshot but not the most telling.

The last angle CBS showed yesterday clearly showed the crown of the clarks helmet to WMs front/side of his helmet.

Cue someone telling you not to believe what your lying eyes are telling you in 4....3....2....
    The previous frame from the YouTube clip still showed separation between the two players, with the helmet leading beyond the shoulder.

Please tell me how you make a hit with your head not leading in front of your shoulder? You can't unless you hope to bring him down by flinging the side of your body at the ball carrier. McGahee ducked down to brace for the hit, which was exactly where Clarks head was going. Clark was not in the air as if to spear as you can see his feet are on the ground at the point of impact.

Please tell me how you make a hit with your head not leading in front of your shoulder? You can't unless you hope to bring him down by flinging the side of your body at the ball carrier. McGahee ducked down to brace for the hit, which was exactly where Clarks head was going. Clark was not in the air as if to spear as you can see his feet are on the ground at the point of impact.
    Exactly.

I just watched the replay yet again and you can see that Clark would've impacted McGahee somewhere besides his head until McGahee ducked which lined up their helmets.

We've got numerous Ravens players and the HC talking about the hit as hard nosed with no mention of it being illegal or even dirty.

You would think that would end the debate but I guess not.

PP