Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bigger loss..Suggs or Rolle?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Everyone is up in arms about losing Suggs. I am more worried about losing Rolle. I think the defense is more compromised by Walker replacing Rolle than Mcclain and Jones replacing Suggs.
    Our secondary played so much better when he returned to the lineup earlier in the year.

Suggs is big though. It we lose either him or Pryce our pass rush declines.

2. Re: Bigger loss..Suggs or Rolle?

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    Tough call for me. If Big Jen has all day in the pocket and those receivers have time to run around and get open, it won't matter if Champ Bailey and Asomugha are back there covering them. They will kill us if we don't pressure the QB.

And I'm not saying that we can't pressure Big Jen without Suggs, because I think we still can, and will. But if I personally had to choose one to have healthy, it would be Suggs.
    I figure you are probably "challenged" in some way, so I won't be to hard on you, but it's BEN. Hang in there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Interestingly, I'm on the same wavelength as Ray and yourself. We'll see Sunday night what the future holds, regardless of what this team has to deal with - "let the Force be with you".
    As much as I love Ray and would want some kind of divine intervention in our favor, if one just looks at the world today I think you would see many places that god would probably choose to intervene prior to a football game.

This team needs to needs to define their mission within their own cleats.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens4ever View Post
    I figure you are probably "challenged" in some way, so I won't be to hard on you, but it's BEN. Hang in there buddy.
    That hurts man. You cut me deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    That hurts man. You cut me deep.
    LOL.

I would take Walker anyday over Ivy. Other than tackling in the open field, Ivy has no other redeeming CB skills. Ivy covering Holmes in the slot scares the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Rolle.

And heaven help us if we are playing in the SB against Arizona without him.
    I completely agree. Us against Arizona could get ugly without Samari.

We just have to pray Frank Walker has the game of his life. He has had some good moments and some bad moments this year, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Like others have pointed out, Ivy on Holmes is really scary to consider.

Let's not worry about Arizona or Philly, let's worry about the task at hand. We can beat the Steelers I see people worring about injuries to Rolle, Suggs, etc.... But, we can pull this off with out both of them. This team is very good we made it this far with injuries, bad calls, close games, and have had the odds against us. We have 60 mins. to dominate then let's talk a little super bowl.

No question, losing Rolle is huge. It impacts the entire defensive plan. As the less capable D-Backs come in the game it puts more pressure on everyone else and reduces Rex's options.