Worried About the Injuries

I am terribly worried about our team. We definitely have the will to win, the talent to win, when we are healthy. Our team has lost approximately 19 players to IR this year.

I saw the video of T.Suggs tonight. He looked depressed and certainly not in the condition to play. Rolle appears to be out. Other players have issues which make them less than 100%.

We have to hope that Harbs is really preparing the backups as starters, particularly on defense.

The only way I see us being successful on Sunday is:

1. We have to control the time of possession. Keep our defense off the field as much as possible. Our offense has to have long productive scoring drives. 3 and out will not due on Sunday. Be unpredictable in the play calling. Lose the Billick playbook.

2. Our defense needs to pressure Big Ben all day in order to take the pressure off of our secondary. Frank Walker needs to check his temper at the lockroom.

3. Special teams needs to be stellar in all areas.

4. Because the defense is beat up right now, we need to score at least 20 -30 points, somehow, someway.

5. Lastly, we need to take the officials out of the game. I really think the NFL wants Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. They are "America's Team" and sell more NFL merchandise than any other franchise.

Blog Entries

Re: Worried About the Injuries

Are you sure about #5?!? I think the Cowboys may sell more crap than them....

Harbs will have this team, whomever it is comprised of, ready for sunday.
    All we can do is watch at this point. Don't worry, just support.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Harbs will have this team, whomever it is comprised of, ready for sunday.
    All we can do is watch at this point. Don't worry, just support.
    I have to agree. There's no reason to worry at this point. All the chips are on the table. These teams are evenly matched, even with a few injuries. For me, it just comes down to who wants it more. Luckily for us, we have possibly the greatest motivator in all football on our side, so I like our chances. All we can do now is support the team and cheer our asses off on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    For me, it just comes down to who wants it more.
    Exactly! Who wants it more will provide the necessary tonic to overcome whatever adversity exists on either side - so raise your level of play, Ravens, by several notches, and you should do ok.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton