Baltimore next Patriots??

I'm going to break this down pretty simply.

2001- An inexperienced Tom Brady takes over at quarterback for Drew Bledsoe early in the season due to injury. They make the playoffs with a record of 11-5.

In the divisional game against the Oakland Raiders- controversy ensues when the infamous "tuck rule" takes place and allows the Patriots game winning drive in the final minutes to continue.

The Patriots travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship, where they are heavy underdogs. They pull the upset, and go on to the Superbowl.

In the Superbowl, they face Kurt Warner's St. Louis Rams and win. A dynasty and quarterback of the decade is born!

Does all of this sound familiar?

Sure would be nice. In Flacco I believe! :)
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Re: Baltimore next Patriots??

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    I'm going to break this down pretty simply.

2001- An inexperienced Tom Brady takes over at quarterback for Drew Bledsoe early in the season due to injury. They make the playoffs with a record of 11-5.

In the divisional game against the Oakland Raiders- controversy ensues when the infamous "tuck rule" takes place and allows the Patriots game winning drive in the final minutes to continue.

The Patriots travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship, where they are heavy underdogs. They pull the upset, and go on to the Superbowl.

In the Superbowl, they face Kurt Warner's St. Louis Rams and win. A dynasty and quarterback of the decade is born!

Does all of this sound familiar?

Sure would be nice. In Flacco I believe! :)

I love the way you think. I would not be upset one bit if it works out similar to this.

Only problem is that Choker isn't the coach of the Squeelers anymore. Now if that drooling halfwit was still running the show in Hillbilly Heaven I'd be more inclined to see your point.

Of course, I haven't seen Tomlin (we need an insulting nickname for Assface) win to many big games. See this years Titans/Squeelers game for a prime example.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Although I'd love to see it, I think the Kansas City Chiefs will be the next Patriots! ;)

Are you implying that because Scott "I found tom brady in the sixth round' Pioli was hired the entire organization is going to be reborn. Get a grip. If anyone remebers Coach Harbs press conference before the first Steelers game he said, "We are going to be a dynasty for the next ten years." And now he can start it with two more wins. It just happens we have to came back to the place where he made these remarks to prove it. I love it.

4G...I actually saw Tyler Thigpen mentioned in the same sentence with Tom Brady the other day. i think the actual quote was, " That Tyler Thigpen, he sure ain't no Tom Brady."
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    4G...I actually saw Tyler Thigpen mentioned in the same sentence with Tom Brady the other day. i think the actual quote was, " That Tyler Thigpen, he sure ain't no Tom Brady."
    Tyler Thigpen is a great QB on a shitty team. If he was on the Jets this year, they would have easily won the AFC East. Go to NFL.com under "stats" and look up his numbers. He had a fantastic year all things considered and will become more noticed as the team gets better.........

4G...i really like the chiefs....they are my favorite AFC West team...i went to a game at arrowhead a few years ago and it was, by far, the LOUDEST outdoor venue i have experienced. Not just when something happened on the field, I mean from player intros thru the game...it was nuts.
    Thigpen may well turn out to be a "great quarterback" in time, but to bestow the label of "great" on him at this point may be a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Jeff George had some outrageous stats for some better than KC is teams...would you label him a great QB?
    KC needs a lot of help in a lot of areas...i just don't see them becoming the next NE anytime soon.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"