Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1

    Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....



    I was watching Scott Garceau and Anita Marks on MASN with my finger on the fast forward button as usual for when Marks starts getting on my nerves. To my astonishment, I never used it.

    The things she usually does that drive me crazy include, but are not limited to:

    Talking over people like Scott Garceau to voice her whiny opinions that she has already beat to death many times.

    Steering the discussions too much instead of letting the more experienced broadcaster take the lead.

    Relating her "football" experience to a topic being discussed.

    Being hyper and stuttering when she wants to interject a tired point.


    When I was watching the show yesterday she was kinda quiet, letting Garceau take the lead, not bringing up uneccessary controversy.

    It was weird. I actually liked her.

    She's either on meds or the people at the station had a long talk with her....or?????




  2. #2

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    I was watching Scott Garceau and Anita Marks on MASN with my finger on the fast forward button as usual for when Marks starts getting on my nerves. To my astonishment, I never used it.

    The things she usually does that drive me crazy include, but are not limited to:

    Talking over people like Scott Garceau to voice her whiny opinions that she has already beat to death many times.

    Steering the discussions too much instead of letting the more experienced broadcaster take the lead.

    Relating her "football" experience to a topic being discussed.

    Being hyper and stuttering when she wants to interject a tired point.


    When I was watching the show yesterday she was kinda quiet, letting Garceau take the lead, not bringing up uneccessary controversy.

    It was weird. I actually liked her.

    She's either on meds or the people at the station had a long talk with her....or?????
    Scott talks over Tom Mattey and that plucks my nerves...He'll cut somebody off in a heartbeat...He talks way too much at times, but I still love him




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Outside Tampa Florida
    Posts
    134

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Actually what would be really scary is if she did that two days in a row...pod people anyone?
    "Everywhere I go people say, 'Art, I had a beer with you.' If that were true, I would have drank every night of my life" Art Donovan#70




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,960

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    I actually think the two of them work well together, and deliver a nice product.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Back in Limeyland
    Posts
    793

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Anyone else think Garceau looks like Bob Gunton, the fella currently appearing in the new season of '24'?

    Gunton



    Garceau



    Just me then?




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    148

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    I never could stand Marks and I don't listen to her after her first couple of shows. I don't care if she teamed up with the great and late Chuck Thompson I wouldn't listen to her,she annoys me that much. She acts like she knows everything about everything and the fact that she played QB means she has more football knowledge then all the callers.
    Want some... come and get some!




  7. #7

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Big deal..she has one good day in almost 3 years?

    She stinks and always has and has NO place doing sports on Baltimore radio.

    FM




  8. #8

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Yeah she was great yesterday as always, stuttering, repeating herself, talking over people, interrupting people, talking about South Florida, making inane jokes, and just generally being a complete TOOL.




  9. #9

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    She sounds like a slut and a lush




  10. #10

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Talking over people is what really gets me,whether it be Scott or Manita they both do it..with Manita being a little worse because she has to get all loud to make her point.Then one again if there were only one host we wouldnt have this problem..

    The obvious solution to this would be to let Scott do the show BY HIMSELF like it should be,but the suits at CBS just LOVE how much we "talk about" Anita and they see here as a "marketing dream" for them.




  11. #11

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    She is dreadful. I can't wait until she's left us.

    Although on a side note, how funny is it that Nestor can't hold on to anyone. Rob Long is now on 1370 and that happend basically overnight.





  12. #12

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Scott talks over Tom Mattey and that plucks my nerves...He'll cut somebody off in a heartbeat...He talks way too much at times, but I still love him
    Anita was pretty good yesterday. As far as Scott- he'll only cut off someone who isn't making any sense or who is just plain disrespectful. I call in pretty often and they are always very cool- surprisingly so as a matter of fact- often letting me ramble on before interjecting.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"




  13. #13

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    She does not annoy me nearly as much as she used to, but I stopped tuning regularly a long time ago. I like Scott ok, he is a good mod, and has a humble but informed opinion.

    It is not the Al Bundy like glory day refrences that bother me either, because as some of you may know I had 4 sacks in one game, I think it is the asking a simple question 4 times 5 different ways that bothers me the most. Dont you, dont you, dont you?...no not really.

    The slutty remarks are the most entertaining tidbits of the show. Just obscure enough to pass fcc regulations, but dirty enough for a special catagory of porn if you translate the tramp slang code.




  14. #14

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Anyone else think Garceau looks like Bob Gunton, the fella currently appearing in the new season of '24'?

    Gunton



    Garceau



    Just me then?
    Spot on, matey. I actually thought the first guy WAS Scotty G!!

    UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Anita Marks was actually OK Yesterday....

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMad View Post
    She sounds like a slut and a lush

    Good call!!!! You hit the nail on the head, perfect. She picks a few players every year that she likes and rides their joke until she is blue in the face. This years lucky players were Troy Smith, my guess is she still wants him to start, Willis Mcgahee, she is always drooling when he gets a touchdown or 100 yard game, and C-mac, he can't do anything wrong.

    Last but not least I think Boller actually owns her and pimps her to fellow teammates. Next year it will be a different bunch. It might be Joe Flacco but I doubt he gives her the time of day.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland