Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by ravens4ever View Post
    Johnson was clearly stopped. There really was no reason for what reed did. I think that if the same thing were to be done to one of the ravens you all would take a different view.
    He was NOT clearly stopped! He was trying to push the pile forward as the whistle had NOT blown yet. Ed Reed was doing what he does- pushing him back while TRYING TO STRIP THE BALL. Maybe you saw him do it to Clinton Portis ion the Washington game- and remember how that turned out?? A fumble and subsequent touchdown.

If the whistle had blown- there might be some merit there- but it hadn't. The Ravens are a physical football team from the snap of the ball until the whistle is blown. If players can't handle it- then I guess they'll be going home when they face us.

As far as you, you can take your wannabe ass elsewhere if all you wanna do is play devil's advocate around here without any true football knowledge. It's obvious you haven't watched the Ravens game every week- because you have a very stereotypical view of the team.

Go back to your own teams site. Or wait, I guess they arent playing anymore so you lost your friends for the year.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

2. Re: The dumbest blog I have seen in a long time

Johnson was clearly stopped. There really was no reason for what reed did. I think that if the same thing were to be done to one of the ravens you all would take a different view.
    I watched this again last night and the whistle hadn't blown yet...Reed was just keeping Johnson from getting loose..Johnson kept fighting for more yards

The Ravens don't stop until the whistle is blown.

That's what cost the Patriots the SuperBowl when they thought they had Manning sacked and he slipped free and delivered the deathblow to Tyree.

Jesus go read like the first 20 comments right under the story,and that is a perfect example of the idiots around the NFL and their "logic" behind the "dirty play"

One factor getting lost in this...

Reed didn't just grab Johnson's body and bend him backward. He was grabbing the BALL and pulling it from him. Johnson holding onto the ball, the angle Reed was trying to take and the two Raven LBs that had hold of Johnson's legs, caused Reed to bend Johnson essentially in half.

When I first saw the play, I thought it was a dirty hit. Then I saw replays. The whistle hadn't blown, and Reed VERY clearly wasn't trying to break Johnson in half, he was trying to rip the ball loose. Couple that with his history which has absolutely no evidence of trying to hurt another player and I think it's stupid to insinuate he was attempting to injure Johnson on that play.

(Reed did a similar thing to Clinton Portis. The difference is that Reed actually got the ball out on that play, and that no Raven defenders were wrapped around Portis' legs at the time.)

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Last I checked his ankle wasn't up there and that's what took him out of the game later. He didn't get hurt on the play, people are just trying to make crap up just like they did when they claimed Flacco stepped out of bounds in the end zone.

Actually who cares what some media asshole has to say. They will print anything to get readers, that's what media assholes do.

Two things sure in life.
    Politicians will lie to get votes.
    Media will make shit up to get readers/viewers.