Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink FYI - air fares to Super Bowl

I just booked my tickets via Southwest to Orlando: Saturday arrival, Tuesday departure = $108 round trip. Orlando is an hour or so from the Tampa stadium. There are still seats available. Rental care $105 for the extended weekend. FYI: no change fees with Southwest, and money from cancelled trips can be reapplied within a year at no cost. So this was a no-brainer.

The Southwest best fare for Tampa was $345, Friday-Tuesday. Friday-Monday best fare was $433. I don't know if any of these fares will be available after Sunday (typically two week advance booking). The standard fare to Tampa is $580 r/t.

Per Orbitz, Northwest, Delta, and Continental all offer similar Orlando fares, but no non-stops. Air Tran non-stop is $150. For Tampa, the fares are in the same range as Southwest, with Air Tran non-stops at $460 . All these other airlines invoke ticket change fees of $100 or so - I don't know how long they will allow you to reapply the funds.

Punch line, some friendly advice: if you will fly again within a year and are remotely considering going to Tampa, jump on the $108 Orlando flights soon. You risk nothing, and can save hundreds. Moreover, if you wait too long, you may get skunked -- particularly if the Ravens wind up playing Philly.

:greece
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: FYI - air fares to Super Bowl

I like your confidence T!!!

We just booked Southwest to Orlando. Going Thurs and coming back Tues for about the same price. Great thing is, if by some chance the Ravens aren't in the Super Bowl, we have a great road trip to San Diego, which I will be going to. We have a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Tampa near the Stadium.

Now all I need is a win in Pukesburgh and tickets to the Super Bowl.

Go Ravens

Had the same thought as you T - we booked our flights to MCO on Sunday.

We have to be at work on Tuesday, so booked ourselves back on Monday evening - a little more at about $195 round trip, but I can live with it. We leave on Saturday morning and will there around 1pm to save on accommodation costs (2 nights).

Maybe we could go to Disney World in the day on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Maybe we could go to Disney World in the day on Monday!
    Interesting question - when does the SB MVP get the parade in Disney?

Monday, or is it later in the week?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

It could be Monday since its so close to Tampa.

I'm booked to Orlando as well. Flying in Saturday 1/31 noon-ish and flying out Tuesday 1PM.

Now it's all about scouting the outlets for game tickets so I can pull the trigger late Sunday night. Oh yeah, and winning the AFC.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Just curious here..
    Exactly where are you people planning on getting game tickets, and how much are you willing to fork over for said tickets?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Just curious here..
    Exactly where are you people planning on getting game tickets, and how much are you willing to fork over for said tickets?
    Not sure yet, but I see a lot of sites (Stubhub, Ticketsolutions, Ticketmaster etc.) that are legitimate outlets. Cheapest I've seen thus far is $1875 for corner EZ, a lot in the $1950-$2100 range. Yeah, that's a lot of cake. I figure $2,500 is my upper limit.

Hope for Ravens-Cardinals...watch the prices drop.

Ravens-Eagles, prices go up.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Hagerstown to Orlando is real cheap. Free parking. Small lines for security. If you live west of Baltimore check it out. $90 round trip. Flies into Sanford fl 30 miles north of Orlando.

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaRes/aaBookingFlow_1.php

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Not sure yet, but I see a lot of sites (Stubhub, Ticketsolutions, Ticketmaster etc.) that are legitimate outlets. Cheapest I've seen thus far is $1875 for corner EZ, a lot in the $1950-$2100 range. Yeah, that's a lot of cake. I figure $2,500 is my upper limit.

Hope for Ravens-Cardinals...watch the prices drop.

Ravens-Eagles, prices go up.

That's just a wee bit too rich for my blood Mr. Trump.

So like when do the Ravens do the lottery drawing thing?

Not that I expect to get picked, but one never knows I suppose.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I've been looking at Stubhub, but they are a little pricey. Even if I don't score tickets, I'm still going down to take in the atmosphere. If Arizona gets in, I'll even try to get tickets from scalpers right up until kickoff.