Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Dierdorf Still Sucks!

I don't care what game I am watching. If Dierdork is announcing, he always finds a way to annoy me. I can't believe some of this things he says given he played the game.

Has anyone noticed Phil Simms has purple hair?

Re: Dierdorf Still Sucks!

He was and always has been fine and fair.

The Titans kicked our ass for 4 quarters. There were only a few plays that went our way and he acted accordingly. He was also very good with Flacco and the season he is having. More then once, he praised Joe for the season he is having and his talent.

Take of the glasses people. They are paid t give their opinions on the game and the game was not all that worthy of praise except for the defense and the outcome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bevans9999 View Post
    Has anyone noticed Phil Simms has purple hair?
    LOL, nope
    But I did notice that Shannon Sharpe was wearing a black suit (white pin stripes) and a purple tie/hankerchief on sundays talking heads. Not blatantly glaring purple, but he still has people he won a SB with on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Take of the glasses people. They are paid t give their opinions on the game and the game was not all that worthy of praise except for the defense and the outcome.
    If I had a dollar every time someone here said "take the purple glasses off" I'd be buying that resort in Malta I've always wanted. You'd think we were at a fucking Steelers message board sometimes.

Anyway, so you think our defense was "stunned" in the 3rd quarter? Really? And you think showing Chris Johnson on the sidelines 27 times and pointing out what a different game it would be if he was in wasn't cheapening our accomplishments? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Anyway, so you think our defense was "stunned" in the 3rd quarter? Really?
    Up until the 3rd quarter, which is what he was saying, yes we were damned stunned. CJ was lighting us up.

And you think showing Chris Johnson on the sidelines 27 times and pointing out what a different game it would be if he was in wasn't cheapening our accomplishments?
    The leagues top rusher was sitting it out on the sideline in their most important game to date. And YOU think that's not worthy of something to be discussed as we came back into the game and won?

It didnt cheapen anything. It was the reality of the game and something they must talk about. The fact you think CJ being knocked out of the game was not a big deal tells me a lot.

Dan was jocking Flacco the whole game. Guess you were in the kitchen grabbing a cold one all those times.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Up until the 3rd quarter, which is what he was saying, yes we were damned stunned. CJ was lighting us up.

The leagues top rusher was sitting it out on the sideline in their most important game to date. And YOU think that's not worthy of something to be discussed as we came back into the game and won?

It didnt cheapen anything. It was the reality of the game and something they must talk about. The fact you think CJ being knocked out of the game was not a big deal tells me a lot.

Dan was jocking Flacco the whole game. Guess you were in the kitchen grabbing a cold one all those times.
    What league are you referring to? Chris Johnson finished with 1,228 yards this year, 8th overall in the NFL.

A pro bowl LB, one of the leagues best at his position, was out too - Terrell Suggs. I just watched the game again, how many times did they show him and talk about the impact...here let me help - NONE. Zero. Nada. Actually once before the 2nd half started they brought it up again, but it wasn't after every offensive series like with Chris Johnson. They were definitely setting up the excuse card if the Titans lost. Well they lost, but here look, Chris Johnson is on the sidelines, see see see! Man, if he was on the field the Titans would have won 94-7, easily.

How many times did they mention the Ravens were the 3rd ranked in the NFL with 16 players on IR? That's the problem, you don't think outside the box just like they don't. Chris Johnson had success in the 1st half, but what if Kelly Gregg was playing? What if C-Mac was playing? Both solid against the run. Both starters. Both on IR.

Nope, just keep showing Chad Johnson and listen to Dierdorf fawn over him and talk about the what if's.

What league are you referring to? Chris Johnson finished with 1,228 yards this year, 8th overall in the NFL
    You act as if 8th is bad or something. And they had a double RB attack. If you cant see the success they had at running the ball all season, I cant help you then.

A pro bowl LB, one of the leagues best at his position, was out too - Terrell Suggs. I just watched the game again, how many times did they show him and talk about the impact...here let me help - NONE. Zero. Nada.
    Please. They showed him plenty of times as well. You're really pissed because CJ had camera score board on Suggs? Give me a break.

How many times did they mention the Ravens were the 3rd ranked in the NFL with 16 players on IR? That's the problem, you don't think outside the box just like they don't. Chris Johnson had success in the 1st half, but what if Kelly Gregg was playing? What if C-Mac was playing? Both solid against the run. Both starters. Both on IR.
    So the talking heads are now suppose to talk about the "what if's"??? You actually think they ought to bring up Kelly Gregg or CMac and what they MIGHT have done had they been in there healthy? And you really dont think you have the purple glasses on? Sad.

To be fair, Diedorf did say, "The Ravens are indeed the team nobody wants to play."

But again, lots of Ravens fans love to play the victim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    To be fair, Diedorf did say, "The Ravens are indeed the team nobody wants to play."
    Yes he did say that, after they missed 4th down and the camera was showing their O going back to the sidelines, with the game now lost.
    Guess it is time for him to jump on the next front-runner bandwagon.

And didn't his references to Conrad Dobler make you want to

In my Report Card I gave CBS a D for their lazy coverage. Dierdorf was annoying, but he has been much worse in some other games.

This thread is why fan message boards have a insanely low signal:noise ratio...

[x] Ridiculous statements about [media person] praising non-home-town team
    [x] Failure to recognize that team is an elite, one of best in the NFL, deserving of much praise
    [x] Inability to admit home-town team was getting its teeth kicked in
    [ ] Good content
    [x] One poster arguing sane side of argument
    [x] People jumping down sane poster's throat for being rival-team's fan

Excellent work everyone, keep it up!

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    This thread is why fan message boards have a insanely low signal:noise ratio...

[x] Ridiculous statements about [media person] praising non-home-town team
    [x] Failure to recognize that team is an elite, one of best in the NFL, deserving of much praise
    [x] Inability to admit home-town team was getting its teeth kicked in
    [ ] Good content
    [x] One poster arguing sane side of argument
    [x] People jumping down sane poster's throat for being rival-team's fan

Excellent work everyone, keep it up!

- C -