Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Dierdorf Still Sucks!

Yup, getting our teeth kicked in. You never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Yup, getting our teeth kicked in. You never cease to amaze me.
    What is it EXACTLY about 391 total yards, 5.5 YPP, 21 first downs, 211 yards allowed, 4.22 YPP allowed, and 9 first downs allowed that gives you the impression of two teams on an even playing ground?

We won the turnover battle. We won the score battle. That's it. In every other facet, we got our teeth kicked in. Not being able to admit that is blind homerism, to put it lightly.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens45 View Post
    Dierdorf is a loser anyways...
    Doesn't he look like a bull dog with a mustache?
    I have a bulldog and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't insult him like that...;)
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    What is it EXACTLY about 391 total yards, 5.5 YPP, 21 first downs, 211 yards allowed, 4.22 YPP allowed, and 9 first downs allowed that gives you the impression of two teams on an even playing ground?

We won the turnover battle. We won the score battle. That's it. In every other facet, we got our teeth kicked in. Not being able to admit that is blind homerism, to put it lightly.

- C -
    haha, they put 10 whopping points on the board. Our defense made big plays to keep them from scoring. Those stats are meaningless without points, anyone can see that. Any reasonable person realizes giving up 7 points in one half is hardly being "stunned." Ask the Panthers defense about what its like to get "stunned." I don't care if the Titans started every drive at their own 1 yard line and ended every drive at our own 1 yard line, as long as they didn't score that other crap is meaningless.

5. Re: Dierdorf Still Sucks!

We definitely lost the "stat sheet game", I think all Raven fans have to admit that... However, the only stat that matters is this one Ravens 13, Titans 10!! GAME OVER!!!!

Now bring on the Shitsburgh Squeelers!!

haha, they put 10 whopping points on the board. Our defense made big plays to keep them from scoring. Those stats are meaningless without points, anyone can see that. Any reasonable person realizes giving up 7 points in one half is hardly being "stunned." Ask the Panthers defense about what its like to get "stunned." I don't care if the Titans started every drive at their own 1 yard line and ended every drive at our own 1 yard line, as long as they didn't score that other crap is meaningless.
    No one here is arguing that we didn't win the game, didn't deserve to win the game, and/or didn't make big plays.

You are arguing that the Titans didn't kick us up and down the field, despite the fact that they more than doubled our 1st downs, nearly doubled our total yards, and outperformed our YPP by 30%. The Titans now know that winning 80% of the plays on the field do not mean you win the game. You seem oblivious to the fact that the Titans won 80% of the plays on the field.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Back to CBS.... If you have a good home theater system CBS sound delivery really sucks compared to Fox or NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    You seem oblivious to the fact that the Titans won 80% of the plays on the field.
    - C -
    You seem oblivious to the fact that the Titans won 80% of a meaningless stat battle....

You seem oblivious to the fact that the Titans won 80% of a meaningless stat battle....

lol I remember actually seeing that in the Times when I lived in Roanoke. Though...a local out here topped it by being shown on the evening news holding her infant child, smoking a cigarette after their apartment building burnt to the ground.

/offtopic

Most announcers I cannot tolerate in game, and get muted by the 2nd quarter. I often give them a chance, and will sometimes listen for comical instances (i.e. earlier in the year when Rich Gannon continuously mentioned that Flacco went to Delaware).

No I'm not. I already said no one is disputing we won that game or deserved to.

You really think it doesn't matter that we were involved in the kind of game we were and the Steelers were involved in the kind they were? Do you actually think that?

Do you actually think that it doesn't put off a perception to announcers that mid-game one team is going to win even if the score doesn't yet reflect it? Can you actually go back and think about where we stood at half-time and NOT realize that 95% of the country outside of Baltimore thought Tennessee was definitely more likely than we were to win that game, simply cause they were kicking our butts up and down the field everywhere except turnovers and scoreboard?

If not, here is a book you should check out...

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com