Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Dierdorf Still Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Take of the glasses people. They are paid t give their opinions on the game and the game was not all that worthy of praise except for the defense and the outcome.
    If I had a dollar every time someone here said "take the purple glasses off" I'd be buying that resort in Malta I've always wanted. You'd think we were at a fucking Steelers message board sometimes.

Anyway, so you think our defense was "stunned" in the 3rd quarter? Really? And you think showing Chris Johnson on the sidelines 27 times and pointing out what a different game it would be if he was in wasn't cheapening our accomplishments? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Anyway, so you think our defense was "stunned" in the 3rd quarter? Really?
    Up until the 3rd quarter, which is what he was saying, yes we were damned stunned. CJ was lighting us up.

And you think showing Chris Johnson on the sidelines 27 times and pointing out what a different game it would be if he was in wasn't cheapening our accomplishments?
    The leagues top rusher was sitting it out on the sideline in their most important game to date. And YOU think that's not worthy of something to be discussed as we came back into the game and won?

It didnt cheapen anything. It was the reality of the game and something they must talk about. The fact you think CJ being knocked out of the game was not a big deal tells me a lot.

Dan was jocking Flacco the whole game. Guess you were in the kitchen grabbing a cold one all those times.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Up until the 3rd quarter, which is what he was saying, yes we were damned stunned. CJ was lighting us up.

The leagues top rusher was sitting it out on the sideline in their most important game to date. And YOU think that's not worthy of something to be discussed as we came back into the game and won?

It didnt cheapen anything. It was the reality of the game and something they must talk about. The fact you think CJ being knocked out of the game was not a big deal tells me a lot.

Dan was jocking Flacco the whole game. Guess you were in the kitchen grabbing a cold one all those times.
    What league are you referring to? Chris Johnson finished with 1,228 yards this year, 8th overall in the NFL.

A pro bowl LB, one of the leagues best at his position, was out too - Terrell Suggs. I just watched the game again, how many times did they show him and talk about the impact...here let me help - NONE. Zero. Nada. Actually once before the 2nd half started they brought it up again, but it wasn't after every offensive series like with Chris Johnson. They were definitely setting up the excuse card if the Titans lost. Well they lost, but here look, Chris Johnson is on the sidelines, see see see! Man, if he was on the field the Titans would have won 94-7, easily.

How many times did they mention the Ravens were the 3rd ranked in the NFL with 16 players on IR? That's the problem, you don't think outside the box just like they don't. Chris Johnson had success in the 1st half, but what if Kelly Gregg was playing? What if C-Mac was playing? Both solid against the run. Both starters. Both on IR.

Nope, just keep showing Chad Johnson and listen to Dierdorf fawn over him and talk about the what if's.

What league are you referring to? Chris Johnson finished with 1,228 yards this year, 8th overall in the NFL
    You act as if 8th is bad or something. And they had a double RB attack. If you cant see the success they had at running the ball all season, I cant help you then.

A pro bowl LB, one of the leagues best at his position, was out too - Terrell Suggs. I just watched the game again, how many times did they show him and talk about the impact...here let me help - NONE. Zero. Nada.
    Please. They showed him plenty of times as well. You're really pissed because CJ had camera score board on Suggs? Give me a break.

How many times did they mention the Ravens were the 3rd ranked in the NFL with 16 players on IR? That's the problem, you don't think outside the box just like they don't. Chris Johnson had success in the 1st half, but what if Kelly Gregg was playing? What if C-Mac was playing? Both solid against the run. Both starters. Both on IR.
    So the talking heads are now suppose to talk about the "what if's"??? You actually think they ought to bring up Kelly Gregg or CMac and what they MIGHT have done had they been in there healthy? And you really dont think you have the purple glasses on? Sad.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

To be fair, Diedorf did say, "The Ravens are indeed the team nobody wants to play."

But again, lots of Ravens fans love to play the victim.

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    To be fair, Diedorf did say, "The Ravens are indeed the team nobody wants to play."
    Yes he did say that, after they missed 4th down and the camera was showing their O going back to the sidelines, with the game now lost.
    Guess it is time for him to jump on the next front-runner bandwagon.

And didn't his references to Conrad Dobler make you want to

In my Report Card I gave CBS a D for their lazy coverage. Dierdorf was annoying, but he has been much worse in some other games.

This thread is why fan message boards have a insanely low signal:noise ratio...

[x] Ridiculous statements about [media person] praising non-home-town team
    [x] Failure to recognize that team is an elite, one of best in the NFL, deserving of much praise
    [x] Inability to admit home-town team was getting its teeth kicked in
    [ ] Good content
    [x] One poster arguing sane side of argument
    [x] People jumping down sane poster's throat for being rival-team's fan

Excellent work everyone, keep it up!

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    This thread is why fan message boards have a insanely low signal:noise ratio...

[x] Ridiculous statements about [media person] praising non-home-town team
    [x] Failure to recognize that team is an elite, one of best in the NFL, deserving of much praise
    [x] Inability to admit home-town team was getting its teeth kicked in
    [ ] Good content
    [x] One poster arguing sane side of argument
    [x] People jumping down sane poster's throat for being rival-team's fan

Excellent work everyone, keep it up!

- C -

Blog Entries

Yup, getting our teeth kicked in. You never cease to amaze me.

Yup, getting our teeth kicked in. You never cease to amaze me.
    What is it EXACTLY about 391 total yards, 5.5 YPP, 21 first downs, 211 yards allowed, 4.22 YPP allowed, and 9 first downs allowed that gives you the impression of two teams on an even playing ground?

We won the turnover battle. We won the score battle. That's it. In every other facet, we got our teeth kicked in. Not being able to admit that is blind homerism, to put it lightly.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens45 View Post
    Dierdorf is a loser anyways...
    Doesn't he look like a bull dog with a mustache?
    I have a bulldog and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't insult him like that...
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    What is it EXACTLY about 391 total yards, 5.5 YPP, 21 first downs, 211 yards allowed, 4.22 YPP allowed, and 9 first downs allowed that gives you the impression of two teams on an even playing ground?

We won the turnover battle. We won the score battle. That's it. In every other facet, we got our teeth kicked in. Not being able to admit that is blind homerism, to put it lightly.

- C -
    haha, they put 10 whopping points on the board. Our defense made big plays to keep them from scoring. Those stats are meaningless without points, anyone can see that. Any reasonable person realizes giving up 7 points in one half is hardly being "stunned." Ask the Panthers defense about what its like to get "stunned." I don't care if the Titans started every drive at their own 1 yard line and ended every drive at our own 1 yard line, as long as they didn't score that other crap is meaningless.

We definitely lost the "stat sheet game", I think all Raven fans have to admit that... However, the only stat that matters is this one Ravens 13, Titans 10!! GAME OVER!!!!

Now bring on the Shitsburgh Squeelers!!

haha, they put 10 whopping points on the board. Our defense made big plays to keep them from scoring. Those stats are meaningless without points, anyone can see that. Any reasonable person realizes giving up 7 points in one half is hardly being "stunned." Ask the Panthers defense about what its like to get "stunned." I don't care if the Titans started every drive at their own 1 yard line and ended every drive at our own 1 yard line, as long as they didn't score that other crap is meaningless.
    No one here is arguing that we didn't win the game, didn't deserve to win the game, and/or didn't make big plays.

You are arguing that the Titans didn't kick us up and down the field, despite the fact that they more than doubled our 1st downs, nearly doubled our total yards, and outperformed our YPP by 30%. The Titans now know that winning 80% of the plays on the field do not mean you win the game. You seem oblivious to the fact that the Titans won 80% of the plays on the field.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com