Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can Ray 'will' This Team To Victory

There's alot to be said about the will to win, and the power of positive thought. The Ravens are demonstrating both right now! On paper, I don't believe the Ravens can win this Sunday - injuries; 'battle' fatigue; on-the-road, again (sounds like an 'ol country western tune); and the list goes on. However, I believe a team's will to win overrides ALL else! This team is very mentally tough and battle tested right now, thanks in Large part to their inspirational leader, Ray Lewis, who has overtaken Jim Brown, in my mind, as the best football player Ever! If this team does in fact capture the Lombardi trophy, there will be no disputing this.

And, btw, God bless OJ Brigance, the real winner throughout this entire season!
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 01-13-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Can Ray 'will' This Team To Victory

Can someone get me a bucket to puke in? The Ravens will win because they are a better team than Pittsburgh. OJ has had the disease for a while. It's repulsive to see people use it as some sort of rallying cry for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Can someone get me a bucket to puke in? The Ravens will win because they are a better team than Pittsburgh. OJ has had the disease for a while. It's repulsive to see people use it as some sort of rallying cry for a win.

On paper, Pittsburgh has the no.1 defense, and a QB who is wearing a SB ring. The Ravens have a better running game; however, two of their three starters are currently walking wounded. Our secondary is banged-up big time, while the Steelers are rested, and healthy. For these reasons, Baltimore is not the better team right now, on paper, imo; however, I'll take the intangibles I listed in my post any day of the week - that is why the Ravens will win. Plus, they have no.52 leading the fight!

And, furthermore, the OJ reference is not meant to be a rallying cry, but rather a continued acknowledgment of who truly the real winner is on this team. He was once a very good football player, as evidenced by his bringing a Grey Cup victory to Charm City, and he is an even better human being!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

The Ravens THEMSELVES have said that OJ is an inspiration and makes it all the easier to fight through myriad injuries knowing what he is going through. It's not a rallying cry at all. The Ravens simply gain strength through his presence in the locker room.

I get what you're trying to say about exploitation of a terminally ill person, but I don't think that is the case with the original poster, and certainly not what the Ravens are doing.

Now if Ray said "if we don't win I"m gonna kill somebody" , then some asses would be motivated.

Once AGAIN, a shitty remark in your post. Get a grip!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Once AGAIN, a shitty remark in your post. Get a grip!!!!!!
    Agreed.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

The athletes are plenty good enough to win.

If they believe they can beat Pittsburgh, then they can.

Fatigue isn't as much of a problem as it was last Sunday when the Titans had 2 weeks off and the Ravens had to recover from playing in a sauna. Both teams are coming off a game, but the Ravens had three days off.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I certainly hope the players dont think like Joe.

All season, it's been this or that why we cannot win. Now, it's down to the biggest game this year and its THE FANS now saying it. Pathetic.

If you think you should not win, chances are you will find a way to make that happen.

The players are not thinking it so why the hell are some of the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I certainly hope the players dont think like Joe.
    Where is it that I said the team does not have a chance to win. Everything I said in the thread is pretty accurate, and I DID predict a win because of their inner toughness. Read the thread, my friend, before spreading falsehoods.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Where is it that I said the team does not have a chance to win. Everything I said in the thread is pretty accurate, and I DID predict a win because of their inner toughness. Read the thread, my friend, before spreading falsehoods.
    My bad.

Missed your first post. Makes sense now.