Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WNST Website

Re: WNST Website

I like Nestor. But yes, that site is very slow - slower than any other I go to. Once it loads it's fine however.

The site loads slowy, but it was slow before the re-modelling. I'm don't love the layout, but at least I'm getting used to it now.

I'll miss Rob, but I love hearing Nestor on the radio. He, and his station, are all about keeping it local. They get Baltimore in a way the other stations don't.

The WNSTV video are second to none, but watch them on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    How is Nestor a douche? He has a real passion for the Ravens and sports and is trying his best to make a living. I've talked to a few people that went on these trips he set up and they said they were great.

Nestor is a good guy.
    Nestor is a really good guy. Let's face it .. WNST is the only real LOCAL sports station in Baltimore. All of the guys on that station love Baltimore sports .. even if it involves the Oriole's walk out events.. you cannot question their passion.

I went down to Nashville on Nestor's trip. It was quality start to finish; smooth as could be. They delivered on everything and the parties were excellent. He took the time to talk to me at Limelight Friday night. I would say he is not a douche at all. Plus, the dude is passionate about the Ravens. All good in my book.

Dunk

Update on why Rob Long left WNST to 1370 for those that asked :

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor..._rob_long.html

Your new 1370 host, Rob Long

Several factors converged to make Rob Long want to switch to Fox Sports 1370.

Long said last night that 1370's stronger signal than that of WNST (1570) and the earlier time slot -- he'll be on from 9 a.m. to noon instead of 2 to 6 p.m. -- were factors.

In addition, Long said, "I just felt it was time to change. ... I just didn't feel there was anywhere for me to move upward [at WNST]."

Long had no parting shots at WNST, however. "I'm very thankful to Nestor for the opportunity," he said. For his part, station owner Nestor Aparicio wished Long well in an e-mail to me.

Long, who said he has a two-year contract, will host his first show at 1370 on Monday.

He said the morning shift will afford him more time with his family, particularly his son, who has autism, and also fits in better with his duties as basketball coach at the College of Notre Dame. In addition, Fox Sports' position as the Baltimore radio home of the Wizards appealed to Long, who enjoys talking NBA and figures "people who listen to Wizards game will be listening to the station" when he comes on.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Wink Re: WNST Website

A douche?

Nestor has done as much or more to promote Ravens fandom as anyone. I always enjoy yakking with him & his mate when I run into him on road trips.

As to his overpriced trips: try to organize a group trip yourself ... I have a few times -- it's a thankless pain in the ass. Someone always whines. I have to really hand it to guys like Nestor, Cole (ravenstrips.com) and Wade (12th Man Travel), who organize these outings as a passion first, business second.

As to Nestor's underpowered radio station and web-site: how many of us are providing these services?

Give the guy a break!:grbac:

:greece
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

WNST has been somewhat hush hush over what happened, but I caught something that Rob basically told them that he was leaving on Friday, and did not give any prior notification. Thats never cool, b/c it puts your employer in a bad situation. He should have given the standard two weeks notice.

Guess I'll tune into Rob for the 9-10 hour, but I always preferred Haynie, so he will be still receiving my listenership.

Did anybody catch the Bulldog saying that if we get beat by the Steelers, we should root for them in the SB, b/c they represent our division. F That. It would be one thing if our rivalry was civilized then maybe I could feel that way, but the Steeler hatred here just is way beyond that. We gotta deal with their shithead fans almost daily.

Nestor took the Free the Birds thing way to far. I was at the first rally. It was great. Then he ruined it with his day in and day out whining about not getting a press pass, and Greg Bader this, Greg Bader that, waah waah waah. Get over it Nestor. Free the Birds 2 was a disaster I heard, and IMO it tainted the success of the first rally. He should have quit while he was ahead. The incessant failures that define the Baltimore Orioles is more than enough, we don't need him (or Drew) on the radio whining about his press pass.

As a radio host I like Nestor, when he isn't whining about the Orioles that is. I appreciate his hard work and I respect a small business owner trying to make it in this country. But on a personal level, I think he's a douche. I've seen him out before, I'm not just basing this on the radio stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    WNST has been somewhat hush hush over what happened, but I caught something that Rob basically told them that he was leaving on Friday, and did not give any prior notification. Thats never cool, b/c it puts your employer in a bad situation. He should have given the standard two weeks notice.

Guess I'll tune into Rob for the 9-10 hour, but I always preferred Haynie, so he will be still receiving my listenership.

Did anybody catch the Bulldog saying that if we get beat by the Steelers, we should root for them in the SB, b/c they represent our division. F That. It would be one thing if our rivalry was civilized then maybe I could feel that way, but the Steeler hatred here just is way beyond that. We gotta deal with their shithead fans almost daily.
    That's surprising if true, Rob doesn't seem like he would do that. I thought he was laid off given the economy and everything. Like other businesses I would imagine NST is losing money, so if Rob isn't on the air and Nestor is then they save money.

I like Haynie too, even with Joe blow from such and such.com every day. And what you said about Bullfrog is why I never take that man seriously. I like when he tries to lecture the lowly listeners about the technical points of football, give me a break dude, you coach high school football. Consider me unimpressed.

Thumbs down Re: WNST Website

I would never, ever root for the Steelers under any circumstances. What a dumfuck idea! :insane:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

11. Re: WNST Website

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post

Haynie is still the best on the station.
    Long started to grate on me the last few months but I wish him well.
    Nestor has his good and bad points. Love the Baltimore flavor of the station and the passion.

As for the Bulldog. It's hard to catch what he saying when I avoid his broadcasts like the plague.

Damn I wish Drew left instead.