Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WNST Website

Re: WNST Website

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    I dont know the story behind why Rob left but I am not buying that for one second.First of all,1370's signal is just as bad if not worse than WNST's,its unlistenable after dark just like WNST and even thought they "claim" 50k watts that is BS.If it is 50k it is the weakest I have ever heard.Second of all, why would Rob leave WNST to go to a "start up" essentially that is anyones guess if will be around in a year??A station that boasts 1 local show and pretty much nothing else in the way of local "talent" (No I do not count the Ungers as "talent")??

It really doesnt make any sense in this economy to take a chance like that leaving a place with as long as a track record as WNST,to go to a station that has a future in doubt.The Baltimore market can only support so many sportstalk stations and if I was a betting man the first to fail would be the new upstart in 1370,not WNST or the others who have been around a while.I said months ago that Nestor needed to come back on the air,because the landscape of radio and advertising dollars has dramatically changed in the past 6 months- a year,and he can probably pull in triple what Long could in that department if he had a show.I think this was more of a business decision by Nestor,with no real hard feeling towards Rob(even thought in the past there were some) in an effort to keep the money coming in for the station.As far as Rob wanting "move up" and there was "nowhere else to go at WNST",where exactly was he trying to go??He has his own show,and has for a while now,I dont see what other "opportunity" he was shooting for at WNST or anywhere else for that matter.

Now the question is will Nestor keep the slot,which after he has "made it" he doesnt seem to want to do anymore.For my money he is the best on the Baltimore airwaves,and is how I "discovered" sports talk radio about 5-6 years ago and still listen to this day.Is he arrogant,self serving and petty when it comes to the O's....absolutely.Is it all about him....pretty much.But compared to what other "talent" we have in this town I'll take him over pretty much anyone as long as the topic is Ravens related.Now when baseball comes around I might change my opinion,he has never been on the air during "the dark years" so to speak and when he does come on in small doses talking about the O's it is getting old to hear the same old same old for hours on end.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out,and if Nestor sticks around on the air and for how long.
    He doesn't want to do it anymore because the Orioles bore him. You can't host a show every day without having to talk about another O's loss on the way to another 95-100 loss season. As for Rob wasn't he almost fired last year? I think he saw the writing on the wall.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    I had no problems uploading the video but I still think their previous website was better. Nestor is the best sports talk host in town but he got sick of doing it. People hate him because he's a self promoter and his personality is sometimes grating but I give the guy major credit. He's a self made success story. His self promoting is what got him to where he is so why stop?
    Everything the guy does is about advancing himself and his agenda. The guy is a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    He doesn't want to do it anymore because the Orioles bore him. You can't host a show every day without having to talk about another O's loss on the way to another 95-100 loss season. As for Rob wasn't he almost fired last year? I think he saw the writing on the wall.
    Why was he almost fired?

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Everything the guy does is about advancing himself and his agenda. The guy is a jerk.
    Dude...just stfu. You don't know him period. I do. Yeah...he has a real agenda trying to organize trips for Ravens fans so they can go out of town to see the Ravens play...yeah...what a tool. He's knowledgeable about sports and loves the Baltimore teams...yeah...what a jerk.

When I was looking for seats in the new stadium he gave me a contact with the Ravens to get the seats I wanted. What a douche.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Whatever you think about him... you must, or should consider this: His is the only locally owned station...it's not a part of a conglomerate who will change formats in a heartbeat, because another format will potentially make the Corporation more money. We are lucky to have him. Not to mention all the other things he does for us sports fans as are iterated here in other posts. The bottom line is... he loves Baltimore, and all its sports teams and that's how he makes his money... Other towns should be so lucky!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Dude...just stfu. You don't know him period. I do. Yeah...he has a real agenda trying to organize trips for Ravens fans so they can go out of town to see the Ravens play...yeah...what a tool. He's knowledgeable about sports and loves the Baltimore teams...yeah...what a jerk.

When I was looking for seats in the new stadium he gave me a contact with the Ravens to get the seats I wanted. What a douche.
    Listen man, I worked for the station for awhile. I base my opinion of him on my experiences and the experiences of others who I worked with.

Damn I wish Drew left instead.
    Part on good terms, did you? Keep your private grievance to yourself.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Part on good terms, did you? Keep your private grievance to yourself.
    Yes I did, My opinion of Drew is that I think he is an ass on the radio. He talks down to callers and he acts like he knows what he is talking about. When in reality all he cares about is his golf game and making himself feel important.

I personally preferred the layout of the old website. There are areas on this one that are repetitive. Also, I miss the blogs of Mark Suchy, Rob Long and the Ungers.

I like WNST, but I also tune in to the other sports talk stations. Once the subject matter turns to the Terps, the Capitals, the Wizards, the Nationals, I switch the station. I am only interested in the Ravens and to a lesser extent, the Orioles. Those other teams are Washington teams, in my opinion, including the Terps, from College Park. Boo Hiss!!!

Yes I did, My opinion of Drew is that I think he is an ass on the radio. He talks down to callers and he acts like he knows what he is talking about. When in reality all he cares about is his golf game and making himself feel important.
    I don't go on public forums and attack the people I used to work for, even if some of them deserve it, and even if I parted with them on bad terms. But following your example, I will pursue my private vendettas and pretend they are professional criticism, and air them in the public for all to see.

Brilliant! How could it fail???
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.