Thread: Rice?

Rice?

Did he play at all against the Titans? I thought he was out with a thigh contusion...or is it something more serious? Seems like he hasn't played in a month. If McClain isn't 100% because of the ankle, having all three backs in the game againsts the Steelers would be helpful.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

Re: Rice?

I thought I heard someone say he came in for a couple of plays, but I hadn't seen him in the game at all myself.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

3. Re: Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    I thought I heard someone say he came in for a couple of plays, but I hadn't seen him in the game at all myself.
    apparently y'all were sleeping ! I saw him in the backfield during the 4th quarter...

I think what it was is that I had figured that he was out this game as well and therefore wasn't looking for him in the backfield...that's probably why I didn't notice him.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

He played, but I had heard on wnst weeks ago that a source said if we were not in the hunt at the time they would IR him. They are being cautious.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

There is no time to be cautious now, if he can play we better use him. Our offense hasn't been the same since he went down with the injury.
    Want some... come and get some!

I suggest he would have come in when McClain went out of the game for a second time. Even as a decoy - the Titans would not have known how good he was for a couple of plays.
    He will play come Sunday.

He certainly was in the game, but I think he was being used as a decoy. I'm not sure how healthy he really is at this point. There was at least one play that Flacco threw to a check down receiver when Rice may have been the better option. It could have something to do with his injury, or simply that he felt the other receiver was the better option.