Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JJ The Next AD? Moore Returns.

http://baltimoreravens.com/news/article.jsp?id=11604

The article does not call JJ the next AD, but that is my observation. Could this guy become the next in a loooooonnnggg line of undiscovered jewels at LB for us. We just seem to have a great eye for LB talent. Even the Steelers benefit for our great LB eye. James Harrison.

As for Clarence Moore, let's hope Demetrius Williams work ethic rubs off on Clarence.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Not really sure why Clarence is still getting a shot. It looked like Darling and Williams had the edge on him. Is Billick still enamored with his height?

I would say Williams is the #3 guy now. He's shown good stuff in camp and preaseason so far. Moore is just getting back from surgery.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I really hope when the final cuts are made that Moore is among them. He just doesn't have the guts to take the hits a WR needs to make sometimes. If we need a jump ball guy in the end zone I vote for Heap. Sometimes I think we give these guys to many opportunities to make it.

Well, I think Darling's time with this team is coming to an end unless he really shows up in these last games. The top three spots are locked in (Mason, Clayton, Williams). I think that we will carry 5 WRs with one being inactive each week.

My take is that Darling and Moore will fight for one spot, and the last spot will go to a rookie. My money is on Travis La Ten Dresses (TLT) to make that 5th WR spot.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Pieces from the team site are always subject to close scrutiny. I tend not to put too much stock into those. The term "blowing smoke" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    Not really sure why Clarence is still getting a shot. It looked like Darling and Williams had the edge on him. Is Billick still enamored with his height?
    I think you have to give a guy like that a shot. He is a freak. If he could get over his fear of taking a big hit his potential is scary. I went to training camp today and he beat both McAllister and Rolle on the same play.

Darling will beat out Moore because Moore can't play special teams.

Of course he can't somebody might hit him. :(

I've always liked Double J. First time I remember seeing him was in the Miami game in '04 when he tipped a Sage Rosenfels pass, intercepted it, and ran it in for a TD.

I think he's a little underrated. He's got the potential to be a good DE.

I would be VERY surprised if Moore beats out Darling, if it comes down to only one roster spot for the two of them. Neither one of them exactly has a track record to brag about, but I just think Darling has to be a better player. Moore has had too many failures. A WR that creates interceptions by wimping out on his pattern is not someone we need.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater
    I would be VERY surprised if Moore beats out Darling, if it comes down to only one roster spot for the two of them. Neither one of them exactly has a track record to brag about, but I just think Darling has to be a better player. Moore has had too many failures. A WR that creates interceptions by wimping out on his pattern is not someone we need.
    It looks like we have three good ones, and two who are on the cusp. It's hard to dismiss someone with Moore's size and talent, but you can't rely on a player who pussies out for fear of contact. I'd forecast Darling and LTL being the other two. Time will tell.